Forum Documentation Showcase Pricing Learn more

File uploads > 50MB + Video Capture - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hey Bubblers
This one has been awaited for a long long time :slight_smile:

This plugin uses uploadcare.com integration for allowing to upload files more than 50MB (up to 5GB depending on a plan Edit up to 5TB). Users can choose to upload from various sources: computer, device camera (for video recording as well!), URL, Facebook, Google Drive, Google Photos, Dropbox, Instagram, Evernote, Flickr, Onedrive.
Once the upload is finished, the plugin returns a state with URL of the uploaded file.
You can customize the look and feel of the widget from your Uploadcare dashboard - for example you can configure it to only show the camera capture option.

Here is the plugin page: https://bubble.is/plugin/uploadcare---upload-files--50-mb-1520947543761x612442212700782600

Demo page:

And some screenshots

Levon Terteryan
Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-Code Development Services

Audio Recorder Plugin
Plugin Wish List - Submit Your Ideas

Holy cr*p! Is this for real? Amazing stuff.

Did you get it approved by Bubble as I know @jarrad had an issue with this with the team. Looks like its all sorted? Or this is like ZIggeo where you directly upload into uploadcare?

I’ll check it out right away!

yes, the files go directly to uploadcare and we got approved by Bubble :slight_smile: All paid plugins go through the Bubble review process :slight_smile:

A few Questions @levon

1. In the back end of the plug-in can we specify the file types which can be uploaded precluding those that are not for example… If I connect to third-party storage such as dropbox or my local files can I predefine that it.pdf only

2. Can we actually limit the selected file size precluding those above a certain limit? I appreciate this is not touching bubbles servers and going directly to uploadcare

3. Can we control which of the options available such as third-party storage camera uploads will be available to the user. For example can I just have local files and say dropbox only

4. Would I be correct in thinking that if I chose to pay for a higher plan on uploadcare i could have a custom OAuth meaning that when you select a third-party storage to connect to it would not show Uploadcare wishing to access a consumers third-party storage but my domain or similar. My guess is this is irrelevant of your plug-in and is purely based on my subscription plan to uploadcare

5. When you click to upload a file and select one. There is no progress bar or indicator that the upload is happening. Is this by design… with uploadcare own demo there is a circular progress bar which corresponds to the amount of data uploaded and finishes when complete. Is there a percentage complete option. At the moment in the demo the page just looks inactive although it’s obviously uploading

File Uploader Limit & S3 Storage
Uploading large files

I’ve invited folks from Uploadcare to this thread and join the discussion, answer questions etc. They should be here soon…

Can you tell me what I need to do in uploadcare and what in Bubble?

I set the public key in the plugin settings, but still get prompted. Also if I want to customize the chooser, I need to add the widget code to my head still?

Would be nice to have those options in the plugin settings

you need to sign up at uploadcare and then use the public key in the plugin. The widget can be customized through uploadcare dashboard. We’ll check the error that you are having

I can customize it but its not saved. As I said, the key is added in the plugin settings.

You check or uncheck what you need in the widget and then the widget code will set it was my thought? Each time I move away after setting the options and I return all the options are ticked again.

Better get Dmitry on the forum :wink:

edit: i see there is an upgrade

yes, i already asked him and Igor to join :slight_smile: one of them will be here :wink:

yes you should try that - i guess that will fix the error you were seeing
don’t forget to reload your app after that

So now there are 2 places for the public key? Whats the point in the plugin settings… I guess we’re in the middle of user testing now :wink:

Bubble plugins were having some glitches today, we had to apply a quick patch. Will fix this asap

Ok, initial thoughts:

1. Widget looks nice, but it looks like now I need to add the uploadcare widget code to my header to add my custom widget.
  2. Progress indicator would indeed be good to have.
  3. Tried uploader in webview for Android. I can take a photo with the Camera option but no video.
  4. Tried the uploader in mobile browser (Android,Chrome) and also no video capture available, only pictures.

These are a must for me to be a paying customer.

the widget code is added with the plugin i believe - but we’ll double check. as for the rest - I see Dmitriy is already here and typing a reply, will let him answer

This is great work :slight_smile: Definitely trying to get around the 50MB limit.

What is the status of file permissions, privacy and access control? How would we go about limiting access based on user role, for instance?

If I were to install this plugin in one app would I be able to use its functions via API from a separately connected Bubble app?

Hi everybody!

my name is Dmitry and I’m from Uploadcare team.
Let me try to be of help here.

First, it’s up to 5 TB, not 50 GB )

1. In the back end of the plug-in can we specify the file types which can be uploaded precluding those that are not for example… If I connect to third-party storage such as dropbox or my local files can I predefine that it.pdf only. Can we actually limit the selected file size precluding those above a certain limit? I appreciate this is not touching bubbles servers and going directly to uploadcare
  • every uploads go directly to Uploadcare, in Bubble you get the URL to uploaded files/groups.
  • you can specify what you want your users to upload
  • as for file sizes, you may use validation functions and discard any files that don’t pass your validation
  1. Can we control which of the options available such as third-party storage camera uploads will be available to the user. For example can I just have local files and say dropbox only

Sure

1. Would I be correct in thinking that if I chose to pay for a higher plan on uploadcare i could have a custom OAuth meaning that when you select a third-party storage to connect to it would not show Uploadcare wishing to access a consumers third-party storage but my domain or similar. My guess is this is irrelevant of your plug-in and is purely based on my subscription plan to uploadcare

Yes, your users will give permissions to your apps, not Uploadcare apps that are used by default.

1. When you click to upload a file and select one. There is no progress bar or indicator that the upload is happening. Is this by design… with uploadcare own demo there is a circular progress bar which corresponds to the amount of data uploaded and finishes when complete. Is there a percentage complete option. At the moment in the demo the page just looks inactive although it’s obviously uploading

In the demo, dialog is being closed when a file is being picked.
If you enable “preview step” it will not close and you’ll see that awesome circular progress bar.
Also, you have an option to create your own progress indicator.

I’m hoping to be able to add different kind of saved widgets. As far as I can see its either images or everything. Not anything else specified.

But one widget could be image only, one could be ‘other’. I guess you can limit access to the uploader with custom states.

Vincent,

on mobile devices “webcam” tab should be hidden and you should be able to use your native camera apps to capture video, photo or sound. It’s up to OS to give you the choice.

It’s much better than video capture APIs that mobile browsers provide.

it is a mighty awesome circular progress bar… When you say my own progress bar… Could this be a percentage % loaded or as a graphic… Possibly a very low-level question but does the progress bar graphic correspond exactly to the data uploaded meaning when the graphic is complete the upload is subsequently complete? Thank you for the answers on the other questions

You can use the functions in your apps by sharing API keys.