Forum Documentation Showcase Pricing Learn more

Filling custom states to merge and create a new thing

Hi All,

I am trying to create a work flow that will enable me to upload a bank statement and the cross reference the descriptions against ID codes that sit in another table – then assign that payment to that ID code.

Database structure:

FINANCE DATA
–Uploaded as a CSV file

ALLOCATED IDS
-individual data entries and liked to child.

PUSH THE TWO TOGETHER
Created a new allocated ID code (stores the Uploaded payment and child name together) can be crossed referenced for future payment uploads.

I have attempted to do this by creating states. One for the finance data and then a second state for a child. The work flow will then create a new thing and put the two together.

I have sunk over 20 hours into this one problem this week and I just cannot get it to work. Would someone be able to have a look and make some suggestions. So far, the problems I have identified is that I cannot get the child custom state to populate. Logic in my mind that should work turns red – which I do not understand why it will not work.

Below is the workflow and a link to the page. I cannot move forward unless I get this sorted, which is super depressing and annoying. The worst thing I swear I had this working before! (it was prob just bad testing on my part)

Please pick a subcategory to help organize the information. Thanks!

Also, the more context you provide with your questions (screenshots, link to an open app, etc.), the more likely you’ll get good help quickly :slight_smile:

sorry I have updated it.

closed #4

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.