Filtering a repeating group can't be this hard?

Hi,

How can I filter this repeating group properly?
Perhaps my database isnt setup correctly?

My situation…

Business has 3 options, Option 1, Option 2, Option 3 - Business can choose themselves to offer all three or only ones they choose to offer.

User has those same 3 options to choose from in which services they like to receive.

I’ve set up a RG with the business as the data source and i only want businesses to show if the user and business have matching options.

Example
Business offers Option 2 and Option 3

User comes in wanting only option 3, I want this business to show up in the RG.

This has been driving me nuts for a while now, Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Hi Dylan,

If you have your data structured correctly, you should be able to use the ‘intersects with’ operator.

Your data structures can be:
Type business with a list of Options
Type User with a list of the same Options and you can compare these two lists.

Alternatively, depending on how large your data set is, you could also have a data type of ‘Option’ and have a list of Businesses and a list of Users and then just use two constraints to filter the RG.

Someone more experienced may want to chime in, but I think this covers it.

Good luck mate

Hey Brett,
I gave it a go and still couldn’t get it however I do believe i found a solution.
I changed the database options from a list to single line then in the RG i’ve filtered the
SERVICE contains USER SERVICES.

These options when added to the database by clicking the options which i’ve assigned to buttons then wiped the previous one so i’ve had to create also a list of services in which these transfer to the single line SERVICE data field.

I certainly won’t win an award for my explanation but thank you for your help any way.

LOL. The important thing is you’ve got it working, so well done!

1 Like