Forum Documentation Showcase Pricing Learn more

Floating page header - help needed

I’ve tried reading up on most of the resources on the forum about floating page headers and none seem to have helped much.

I was wondering if anyone can help point me in the right direction on creating a floating header.

I found @NigelG 's BuildingWithBubble resource demo on creating floating headers, but it seemed a bit dated using stripes. If I’m not mistaken, I reckon Bubble has deprecated use of stripes, hence I was unable to replicate what he did after viewing the demo editor.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks again, guys.

Are you familiar with the option for floating groups? Quick GIF below on how to set it up. Essentially, you draw a Floating Group on the page (have the float set relative to Top, which is the default).

Another example can be found in a new app created by the Wizard. Just start a new Bubble project and use the wizard. That project has a reusable headed item in it with floating to top behavior.

Whoa!! Bubble is really shaping up to be a game-changer with each passing week.

@dan1 That has got to be one of the easiest Bubble walk-throughs I have ever come across. I’m glad I don’t have to deal with stripes. Thanks a bunch @dan1

@keith Many thanks for chiming in. I’ll be checking out the wizard like you suggested.

@dan1 @keith , thanks again guy. Truly appreciate the quick help.

@multicorn happy to help!

Good spot @multicorn - I will update the out-of-date tutorial.

A lot of the “tricks” from the early days are redundant now, amazing how fast Bubble moves :slight_smile: