FullCalendar Integration

Well if you can use the API connector to do it then you should do this, otherwise we can add that on a sponsored basis.

2 Likes

full calendar doesnā€™t have an api, so I donā€™t think I can go that route.

+1 for more features from the FullCalendar plugin. Would love to have the drag/drop functionality (http://fullcalendar.io/) to move events around.

Also, am I totally missing something or is there no way to set an event as an all day event with the current plugin?

4 Likes

So dragging elements you would do that like autobinding? It would modify the thing in the database?

Right, it would autobind to a date field in the event. I know thatā€™s a little tricky since dates include time too. Iā€™ve set up a solution with custom states for selecting an event and then when the calendar day is selected, it changes the selected eventā€™s date (by extracting the date only to keep the time the same). It works, but dragging and dropping is a nicer interface.

Overall, things like being able to change the duration by extending the event on the calendar is also helpful if weā€™re using it as an interactive scheduler. The demo here (http://fullcalendar.io/) has that on day and week view plus moving events from a time to an all day. I know this involves making sure Bubble events contain the right fields to wire up correctly, but this kind of functionality would be super attractive for task/project management apps (building one now for a client) and booking.

1 Like

Iā€™ll put that on the list, shouldnā€™t be too hard.

5 Likes

I actually added the ability to drag and resize events, and this updates the database automatically through auto binding. Itā€™s pretty cool :slight_smile:

For all day aspect, let us look into it.

9 Likes

YES!!! Thank you, thank you. Works beautifully. It IS cool.

1 Like

Iā€™m pushing the all day thing now.

1 Like

Remind me to buy you a beer whenever I am fortunate enough to meet you in person.

How does all day work?

1 Like

Well you can wear a tshirt in the meantime :slight_smile:

It will be a field yes/no that you pick that says if the event is all day or not. Itā€™s not live yet though.

4 Likes

Ok just played around with the new feature and it is PRETTY AWESOME!!!

3 Likes

Purchased the t-shirt! I saw the thread but didnā€™t realize it was actually a thing. Haha, I love it.

3 Likes

All Day works great! Thank you so much, @emmanuel!

1 Like

If Iā€™m understanding your post correctly, you state that you figured out how to select a date on the calendar and have the actual date for the selected cell show up, letā€™s say on the next screen? Iā€™m trying to do something like this for my app.

Hi @emmanuel How can I set up a date picker such as for booking rooms that would block out already booked rooms? Please help.

What have you tried so far?

All good, I found out that there is a feature being released soon to accommodate that.

Do you actually have another solution?

I understand this post is a few months old but I have a question regarding fullcalendar. Please take a look at what I have created and tell me if thereā€™s any other way around this.
I came up with thisā€¦

editor linkā€¦

urlā€¦
https://calendario-app-test.bubbleapps.io/version-test/pagina2?debug_mode=true

I donā€™t like the fact that by default 12a shows up on the month view but itā€™s my only option since there is no way to delete it or to pass the selected time from the week or day view to month view. I even attempted to alter the created events font color and the color of 12a but was unsuccessful. I was only able to change the color of the event.

Hi @pnodseth. Could you provide me with screenshots explaining how to integrate timekit into bubble please?