Getting IPWAN of Bubble app's server

Hi, how can I get the public IP address of the sever that hosts my Bubble app? I need this information to make an exception in the firewall of a distant SQL db to allow the app on port 1433.

Thanks

It does not tell me how to get the address I’m using…

SOME UPDATES: When I go into settings under the “Domain / email” tab, I can enter a domain (anything) and then I get an IP where to point my domain. Is this address the one of the server??

On a separate server I created a MySQL database. In the cPanel of that server I can allow remote connections to the database by specifying the IP or domain. The IP a got from the “Domain / email” tab doesn’t work. In the plugin I get an error saying the access was denied for the domain: ec2-34-216-145-87.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com.

If I allow remote connection on ec2-34-216-145-87.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com then my bubble app can access the MySQL on the other server. Also, in the browser, this domain leads to the home page of Bubble.is. Does this means I granted access to all existing Bubble apps?

Hi! @julienallard1 did you ever get an answer about this? If so, how do you get it? When I type the IP given for the DNS config all I get is “you’ve hit balancer”

Hey @aestela, just like I said in my last reply, when trying to connect to distant MySQL database, a message error popped showing the domain from which Bubble tried to connect. Since the domain is not static, I could not simply set an exception rule in the distant firewall to allow that specific domain.

What I noticed, is that the dynamic part of the domain is where the numbers are (see in bold):
http://ec2-34-216-145-87.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com

So in the exception rule, I inserted a wildcard character (%) instead of the numbers. Seems to work perfectly now. Since the wildcard tolerate any numbers, I would have security concerns if my app had sensitive or confidential data. But I can’t say how much it is a security risk though…