Getting video capture to work in Android app (webview)

I’m looking for someone with Bubble and Android app building experience to help fix an issue.

I’m using a webview to display my Bubble app in Android. This works very well except for one, pretty crucial, feature: video capture.

Apparently, there is an issue with Android web views and video capturing. In fact, some say uploads of any kind. Uploading files works fine, taking pictures with the camera works fine too. It’s just the video camera that is not accessible even though all permissions should be set correctly.

The Bubble app uses the default Ziggeo plugin to capture and upload video. This works well on browsers and iOS.

If you had a similar issue and know a solution, please let me know. If you know how to change my Android project to get this fixed, also please let me know and we’ll work something out!

1 Like

Hi @vincent56 ,

Hope you are doing well!

I am interested. Please check your pm and respond for further discussion.

Look forward to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Hayden

Hello @vincent56

I was having an issue uploading pictures via my webview android app and came across your question which is a year old so hoping you’ve have an answer to my issue.

I converted my webview application to android app using android studio. Everything works great except the picture uploader which does not respond at all. Within webview it works great but not in the app. The pic uploader does not throw up any options or go to picture gallery as it does in webview. Kindly help if you have a solution to this.

Thank you

I’m having the same issue. I used a flutter single page webview app to convert my bubble app to iOS and Android. We have functionality where users upload videos. iOS works fine when build as an iOS app, but the Android upload widget is just a dead button. Any thoughts?

Hi. I am having trouble with video chat/conference function when previewing android app using BDK Native app. The video is not loading on android but on iOS testflight, it works well.

I have manually allowed every permission for chrome and default android browser, but still unable to load video/audio.

What could be the issue?

Hi Guys,
I think that the solution is actually trying to ask the camera/mic permission manually through js would be the solution when loading the page.
And then afterwards if permission is not granted showing a prompt explaining why it is needed.
Tomer

1 Like

navigator.getUserMedia (
// constraints
{
video: true,
audio: true
},

// successCallback
function(localMediaStream) {
bubble_fn_1(1);
},