Going Live - Day 0 - Let me know your true thoughts - LocalHelpList.com

Hello Bubble community! First time app developer here

I’m finally launching my website LocalHelpList.com today and am interested in any feedback. Please let me know the good, bad, and ugly.

A little background on the website. In essence, I built a location based website that that links people in need of help with people who can help. Helpers can be professionals all the way down to ordinary people looking to make a difference. My hope is to get the “Jacks (or Jills) of all trades” type users to join the website and become helpers. Requesters can be anyone looking for help. With a limited search and display radius (this function will probably be taken off during the initial launch), I think communities will be able to help one and other without having to use chain companies that are not connected to the community.

A couple issues that I already know about and am working on fixing:

1. Helpers can submit an application for one job more than once.
    —a. Still looking at how to fix that without rewriting the whole back-end

2. Some of the page spacing may come across weird depending on the device you are using.
    —a. I created the website for a laptop first and am still looking for great ideas to make the design look better on a mobile device.

3. Helper Job Completed, and Helper Rating are not functional yet
    —a. Still thinking about how to implement that based on the current back-end design

Again please check out LocalHelpList.com.

Thanks!

Great to see your app up and running. Few thoughts

The website does not seem to be responsive
I would change the homepage to showcase other things like a call for action, registered suppliers, testimonials, etc…

Keep it up

1 Like

Ali
Thank you for your advice. I will have to update the homepage with something more enticing for potential users.

Thank you!

I’ve update the website to be more responsive and updated the index pages design.

Thoughts?

Great points Bubbleer!

I admit, I’m no designer and that part of this process has been a grueling work in progress to get it to where it is now.

To explain how the website works a bit more… I wanted to build a public facing Craiglist type website, where your search radius is limited to under 20 miles (maybe less). Initially I have to keep the radius higher until I get significant traffic. A limited search radius would make the search “local”. Hope that helps with the concept.

I’ll keep working on the design. I hope to begin “marketing/advertising” the website by the end of the month.

1 Like

Hey there kwsmith!

First of all, Fantastic work! That is to say, it’s great when people CREATE! Of course, all of our projects must continue to improve on a daily basis! I love your idea! I’m not sure how you’ll get the word out (that’s your job right?)

I think getting your front page in order is mission critical! Get your site responsive. Pay attention to the SMALL details. For example:

1. I’d move that ‘forgot login password’ inside the Sign In pop up… If someone is signed up to your site and they forget their password, They’ll assume (most likely) that they can go to the sign in page and find the password reset.
  2. You have MANY different sizes of fonts. I’d pick 3 max! (imho)
  3. Your steps aren’t centered or distributed.
  4. Language (Close out the request)… that seems cumbersome and wordy for a front page… How about keeping it simple, “rate your helper”. Run your phrases by your friends/colleagues. I’d polish the language a bit more to let it flow nicely.
  5. IMHO, it seems like repeating the sign in and register at the bottom is a bit needy! I think the buttons at the top are VERY obvious. I don’t think repeating them at the bottom of the site helps the flow or feel of your experience… (it’s just my opinion)

Those are just a few thoughts.

Sincerely,

Ashley

ps. I like your red font color and the picture. (Get them running full width!)

1 Like