Help connecting Quickbooks API

I’m trying to use the API Connector to connect to Quickbooks online with user/agent flow. All is going well, except I keep getting this unknown error.

API Connector error: the Oauth2 API QB is not configured properly - Raw error from QB:

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

<title>QuickBooks</title>
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon icon shortcut" type="image/png" href="https://uiclassic.intuitcdn.net/v1807.761/scripts/harmony/images/qbo-ball.png"/>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://uiclassic.intuitcdn.net/v1807.761/scripts/harmony/css/harmony.css"/>

<style>
        body, html {
            width: 100%;
            height: 100%;
            background: #193048;
            overflow: auto;
        }
        body.is-ie8 {
            font-size: 12px;
        }
        .qboform {
            background: #fff;
            width: 450px;
            margin-top: 10%;
            margin-left: auto;
            margin-right: auto;
        }
        .msgTitle {
            text-align: center;
            padding-bottom: 20px;
            padding-top: 35px;
        }
        .upgradeContent {
            background: #edeef0;
            height: 285px;
            padding-top: 35px;
            padding-left: 50px;
        }
        .qbhero {
            height: 260px;
            width: 360px;
            background: url("https://uiclassic.intuitcdn.net/v1807.761/scripts/harmony/images/qbodevices.png") no-repeat;
            float: left;
            background-size: 350px;
            background-position

I was able to get rid of that error and now I have the following:

API Connector error: the Oauth2 API QB is not configured properly - missing access_token getting data Oauth2

Screenshot below of my API connector setup.

There are instructions below “Warning” in your screenshot you have to follow to obtain an access token (which is missing right now).

You have to create a login link and send a user to QB. They have to login and authenticate your app, then they will be redirected to your page with an access token (and often a refresh token) and your state. You have to catch this access token and make all calls with it.

1 Like

Thanks Reger. I have done this with a login workflow link and I am successful in getting the authorization code, but when Quickbooks sends me to the redirect URL I get this message in a dialog box: “API Connector error: the Oauth2 API QB is not configured properly - missing access_token getting data Oauth2”

Any other ideas?

How do you “catch the access token”? I thought Bubble grabbed this automatically. Is there something I need to do to read the response and store the access token in my DB?

@emmanuel Any ideas here? Is there any way to see the raw POST being sent to Quickbooks Online for the user-agent authentication?

Hello @trey , i think you’d be interested to check out our new Quickbooks plugin

@trey did you manage to resolve this access token error?

@trey were you able to figure out how to connect QuickBooks API? I know this was from a long time ago. I am getting an error after quickbooks redirects me.