Help me make my user experience seamless

Hello, Bubblers,

I have a new science communication web application that guides scientists through a 4 stage audio interview that storifies their research to make high-level science accessible for everyone…the site is www.pocketconference.com.

I need help making the audio upload process and wait time seamless and as pain-free as possible.

My current issues are:

1. uploading takes ages and they can’t do anything else while this is happenng.
  2. audio recorder playback, before upload, makes pitch of voice lower (and therefore they think they are boring)

Look forward to working with you,

Andy

One possible idea in case you haven’t looked into it yet – we’ve found that when you run actions in the API it puts it into the background. In other words, users can proceed using the app and moving to new pages while the processing goes on in the background. This may provide some form of a solution for you.

As such, you may be able to put the audio upload into an API workflow to improve the UX. That said, I haven’t used the audio upload so I’m not sure whether this is possible or not.

Thanks for your help,

I tried to run it in the background but I couldn’t find the elements in the API workflow options…maybe there’s another way that I haven’t noticed yet

You may have to set-up an API endpoint and set the data to be passed to the endpoint for the other options to show up. Once again, I could be wrong and I don’t want to send you on a goose chase. If you’re actively experimenting there’s a fair chance there’s a solution having to do with the API so it may be worth your time to check.

1 Like

I’ve just had a play around with the API options and I can’t seem to be able to send the audio from the recorder element to be processed/uploaded…

1 Like

Hi,

I can help you out…
You can reach me on andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com

Skype bytezular

Regards,
Andrew

1 Like