How Do I Best Perform Complex Date Calculations?

Hi everybody, I’m thrilled to have discovered bubbles - such an awesome tool!

After spending a few hours testing things, I need some help from more experienced people. Here’s the use case:

The app I want to build, is basically a clone of a Google sheet that I built. This sheet performs some complex date calculations and I find it unlikely, that bubbles can perform these.

Thus I assume, that I will have to build an app that basically appends a row of data to this sheet, which then performs additional calculations with the data in the row and among all rows. Then I will have to display the result of these calculations in bubbles.

I figured I could use the bubbles API to post and get data from Google Sheets.

My question: is this the best way to go or do you have any other/better ideas?

Bump

Please help - I’m desperate here :sob:

bump… i have same problem.

If you’re able to run the calculations directly in Bubble, then that’s going to be easiest. There are some plugins that extend Bubble’s calculation abilities a bit if that helps.

If that’s not practical, then you can definitely connect to an API to run the calculation in Google Sheets or elsewhere. We’ve mostly set-up our algorithms in custom code and hosted them on Amazon Lambda. This works well. I suspect using Google Sheets is pretty much the same although I haven’t used it’s API in a long time. Plus, based on your scenario, it sounds like it’d be a straightforward implementation.

This will trigger a webhook to your app’s API after Sheets has completed your calculations. Make sure to enable your app’s API in the settings tab of the editor.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.