How do I make a repeating group responsive to current markers show on map?

Hello everyone,

I am trying for days to implement an Airbnb-like repeating group / map setup with not much success.

Let’s say I have 10 markers displayed on my map at a given zoom value, and the corresponding 10 in my repeating group. How do I do to link my repeating group to the visible markers on the map, so it adjusts when I zoom in and out ?

Many thanks in advance !
Thomas

1 Like

Did you ever figure out how to do this? I am very interested in this as well.

Hi, I wish I could say I found a solution, because that would make the app much more user friendly, but I didn’t, I concentrated on other things.

Did you post something about that on the forum ? Maybe under “Idea” so maybe Bubble could consider developing the feature ? If yes post the link, I would voice it as well.

Last question, did you find out how to display more than the “title window” when you click a marker such as a group focus with info ?

There’s so much more to be done with maps…

Thank you for the response, Thomas. I did post something on the forum, but not under “idea”. Rather, I have an idea for arriving at the result you were seeking, or pretty close. If we could get changes in zoom in the same way that we can get changes in the center address of a map every time some clicks and drags the map, then the zoom could be used to calculate a radius to be used as a filter. So, I am on a quest now to use the html element in conjunction with the map to get the zoom. The only problem is that I cannot figure out how to use javascript with a map element drawn from the Elements section in the bubble editor. See here: Get Map view zoom value

Regarding a “title window”, this can be achieved like this: Create Popup When Map Marker is Clicked

It is a bit of a work-around.

1 Like

Thanks for the links. I will go back to maps pretty soon, will keep you posted if I make some discoveries.

@Tomdez1989 @destryhunt.dh

any update on this? trying to do the exact same thing with the repeating group / map interactivity…

Check out leafy plugin…it is focused on maps and I believe has a feature that could be used to allow for a search this map area…would be complicated and require intricate knowledge of bubble and leafy maps plugin features to implement but is possible I believe

thanks @boston85719. I will check it out!

Hi @jack4, sorry for late reply, I am actually using the Google Maps Extended plugin, you can attach event listeners for moving map and zoom in/out and update your repeating group results accordingly. Takes a bit of time to figure out how it works but… it works.

Hi @Tomdez1989, sorry to bother you with this question, but can you please indicate to me which ACTIONS or EVENTS should I choose in order to do that? It seems the plugin is very powerful but having a hard time figuring out how to configure/use it.

Read lots of posts in the forum and I probably this is a very simple problem to solve, but as I’m not a super expert in Bubble, I’m struggling to find a solution.

I just need to synchronize Map markers into a Repeating Group. If the user move/zoom/pan the map, the RP should list only the markers showing in the actual map.

For example, in the following image, I zoomed the Map to a specific region with just 2 markers (addresses), but the RP doesn’t reflect that…

This is the actual setup:

Can’t figure out how to configure the “data source”… probably I choose the wrong option…
Can you give me a hand on that? I’d really appreciate your help.
Thank you!
Luiz

1 Like

I am also really struggling with this. I have a repeating group inside of another group element, and when I click a button I’d like to see the markers within the map view display in the repeating group, but am having trouble with setting the data sources. @Tomdez1989 could you show a more detailed walk-through on how you achieved this with the Extended Maps plugin?

Is it possible that the MapBox plugin could be an easier lift here?