How do you design your Dashboard?

How do you design your clients dashboard and admin dashboard? What i mean, is better to design with group and hiding them based of what the client clicked in the menu?

This tipe of design with hiding the groups is better for the speed of the page, contrary to create separate pages for each element from the menu?

If you have an example would be better to understand. :slight_smile:

Hi,

I prefer the hidden group approach - however depends how many options you have in your menu. It can get slow and very difficult to update if you have lots.

Simon

Thank you, now i see that with all the groups and the workflow is very complicated to make changes.

Think of it like the old-school overhead transparency projectors. A presenter would put various slides on the projector - and that content would be illuminated and projected.

In the case of an admin dashboard - the page itself is the projector and the various slides are the “screens” you want to display. (You only want to illuminate when the presentation is ready (ie. the user has credentials) and you only want to display one slide when it’s ready).

I’d encourage you first to build a good understanding of building tabbed groups based on states. Here’s a video walkthrough. This will help you overcome a lot of the complications of having show/hide workflows.

Dan (creator of LearnTo - 15+ hours of Bubble tutorials and live coaching)

1 Like