How to connect to MS SQL Database

I would love to give Bubble a test-drive. I intend to use it to build a webpage where an user can retreive certain fields from a database and then edit some of them and commit back to the database.

I am having troubles connecting to a MS SQL Database. I keep getting the message: login failed for user ‘administrator’. while trying to connect to the MS SQL database.

Could someone explain to me how the connection string should look?

mssql://administrator:password@111.222.111.222:1433/DBSQL

DBSQL is the name of the server. I would like to connect to a database called RK_Test that contains several tabels.
When I connect to the database using Microsoft SQL Management Studio I am using the username DBSQL\administrator with Windows authentication (administrator and login password). I triple-checked the credentials and switched off our firewall. Also I allowed external connections in MS SQL Management Studio. I tried every possible connection string without any success. Could someone please advice on what connection URL I should use in Bubble?

1 Like

It’s a bit hard to help as this is more a question for a tech admin on your team. We’ve confirmed this works if the database is opened (with a password of course.). Is there any chance you have a test database that you can share the password/username of so that we can help you test?

Hi. I know this is an old post, but i have the same problem. I have a MSSQL database, but get an error when I try to connect.

My connectionstring is as follows;
mssql://myuser:mypassword@myhost:3306/mydb
I have set the database type to Microsoft SQL.

Errormessage:
Connection issue Connection attempt failed: Failed to connect to myhost.host:3306 in 15000ms
I have also tried to connect to a mySql database on the same host without any problems.

I used the wrong port. Correct port is 1433, not 3306.

Perhaps stating the obvious, but sometimes I forget to open up access in the firewall, and mysql config to match the remote location accessing the server.

–Ken

Hi, I am also having the issue of connecting to MS SQL database to retrieve data from database and display.

Same here – I get the time out message: Connection issue Connection attempt failed: Current fiber timed out after 65000 ms

I am using Azure Sql. Since this is just a test, I set the firewall to accept any incoming IP addresses. Anything else I can do to connect via this plugin?