How to deal with Google Oauth changes?

In 5 days Google will change its Oauth behaviour.

In short google says : “In the coming months, we will no longer allow OAuth requests to Google in embedded browsers known as “web-views”, such as the WebView UI element on Android and UIWebView/WKWebView on iOS, and equivalents on Windows and OS X”

My bubble app is available on a native app through gonative (that is basically wrapping the page in a native app).

I am not technical unfortunately… I understand I am about to hit a wall as I believe this approach is using a webview which is precisely what is being unplugged by google…

Is there a way to work around this with some of bubble capacities and login to a google account in a different way ?

Many thanks for you help !

1 Like

Planning to put an app out myself I disabled my google sign-in feature. You can put a password reset link in place of the google sign-in, which will allow your Google-users to update their password. This seemed to work without any issues for me.
-John

2 Likes

Thanks John

It helps to know I should start a grief process on this…

Hi!
Maybe you already fixed this but here is the solution for gonative to display Google Oauth:

You will need to create a new field in “Import/Export” called “forceUserAgent”.

For Android, you can use the value:

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 7.1.2; Pixel XL Build/N2G47O) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/58.0.3029.83 Mobile Safari/537.36 gonative

For iOS, you can use mobile safari UA with gonative at end.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 10_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/602.1.38 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.0 Mobile/14A5297c Safari/602.1 gonative

Probably easiest to edit your config for Android so it’s in the APK that’s generated, and then change the iOS one once you download the iOS source to Xcode.

Hope it helps if anyone is having this problem right now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey!

I’m facing the same issue, and the support responded with the exact answer. Unfortunately I’m not sure how to implement this, and I’m using gonative.io platform. I can see some code in the import/export configuration.

How exactly do I add these?

Thanks

1 Like