How To Display Number "ticker" like this?

Hi Dave,

I came across this previous thread and had a question as to how the data from the up/down control you created would be saved and modified on the server?

Thanks so much for the help!

Been a while since I looked at this, but if I remember how I did it, there should be no reason why you cannot set the field you want to store to the value held in the custom state.

Thanks for the reply. Hum, I am not sure how that would be done. Do you mean when creating the field? I dont see the option under field type to select the custom state of “setValue” or would that be another way to accomplish?

Thanks for the clarification and help!

Thanks for the reply. Hum, I am not sure how that would be done. Do you mean when creating the field? I dont see the option under field type to select the custom state of “setValue” or would that be another way to accomplish?

Thanks for the clarification and help!

As I say, its been a while, so I think you would need to do the read of state and write to field on a workflow action.

how I do it to work in a RG:
Elements:
Input
plus icon
minus icon

Required Custom States: number

I set the initial content of the Input to parent group’s passenger + input’s custom states
then, in workflow I set plus icon when clicked set state input custom states then value is input’s custom states + 1

set the same workflow to minus icon just set up a only when function to avoid negative number and change the input’s custom states - 1