Forum Documentation Showcase Pricing Learn more

How to: generate a list of dates given a start date, end date, and days of the week

Hi Bubblers,

If you’re building an application that involves recurring events or time slots, you may need to generate a list of dates that matches certain days of the week. We’ve put together a resource that will help you do just that. Just copy it into your app and connect it to your data. Shout out to @mishav for the Toolbox plugin, which is heavily used here.

Vlad
AirDev Canvas - shortcut your Bubble build

9 Likes

@vlad
Thanks for this, it is really helpful and useful, especially for a scheduler app…I have successfully implemented it into my app, however after implementing I tested and couldn’t see Sunday being part of the list of dates.

I then went back to your demo and editor and see the same problem. For some reason when Sunday is selected it doesn’t show a list of dates…all other days of the week work fine ( I’m going to fiddle and try to find a fix…thinking out loud right now, it might be changing Sunday from 7 to 0?)

Yes, just checked…if in the workflow, the Sunday events on checkbox click the item number is changed from 7 to 0 it works correctly…this may be based on a users location or something (I’m in Thailand) and that may changed the recognition of days of week

Another thread that could be helpful for other users looking to create a booking application or a schedule or appointment system could have a look at

The user @DaveA created something that looks really great

Hi this is brilliant!

Could one apply similar logic for a list of times? As in, can a user select recurring hours within a day?

1 Like

I’m also interested in a good way of doing this.

Hi @stone,

I’ve managed to achieve this after literally two months of trial and error which is really sad, seeing that there are many examples of Bubble apps which have incorporated what we both require. I’ve had people ignore or attempt to charge me for simply asking for some guidance or definitions on things, but more worringly, others using coding terminology to explain to non-coders on a non-coding platform how to achieve something that can be easily explained in a relative way. Anyway, enough of my ranting - I shall release an editor view later today or tomorrow free of charge!

2 Likes

Hi @stone,

Apologies for not doing this within the timeframe I initially estimated, however, I’ve made a post showcasing how to generate a list of times. Hope it helps: