How to i get the search box to work like the search box for this bubble forum?

i currently have a problem with my search box. my search box is an input that triggers a group that contains a repeating group. the repeating group does a search for posts based on the input’s value.

the results only show up if they exactly match the input’s value…

…but this is not getting me the functioning that i want because i want the results to be based on relevance to the input’s value, the way all searches work on the internet.

2 Likes

The “Contains” function currently only supports complete words (for example, “Peter” will return “Peter”, but “Pete” will return nothing). A more flexible search has been asked for on the board earlier, and the Bubble team has, if I remember correctly, said that this will probably be added at some point in the future, but they can’t commit to a date.

This thread takes up the same challenge, with some discussions on the new feature, and a possible (but complex) workaraound:

1 Like

so are you saying that everyone has to put up with a search that is exact match?

is there anyway to make a proper search work or is it only exact match?

There are workarounds. Search the forum for details.

@aphz88 This thread might be of interest. I haven’t checked it out thouroughly, but thought of your request when I saw it:

1 Like

If Bubble is built on Bubble I dont see why it would not be an option to have the same search bar and function that is used here on the forums?

3 Likes

Hey @raf970,

It’s an important distinction to make that while the Bubble website is ‘built on Bubble’, the forum is powered by the popular, open-source Discourse platform. You’ll find not every Bubble touchpoint is Bubble-built. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.