How to link a Datatype to the Current User?

I want to show the data from “Verify Customers” on the Current Users Profile Page only when the Claim Number from the Current User matches the Claim Number from “Verify Customers”

So the data is relevant to each user.

The “Verify Customers” will already be filled in with relevant information so that when a user signs up they will have up to date information relevant to them. And I won’t have to wait for them to sign up to input that data.

Example I will be able to show:

• Their First Name
  • Thier Claim Number
  • The Status of their Claim
  • Any any other info from “Verify Customers”

Is there a way to do this?

I have already successfully set up that a user can’t sign up unless their claim number exists in “Verify Customers”

Thanks

Hi @Jay0,

The best way to accomplish this is to have a field under the User data type called “Verification” (or something) and set the type of that field to your “Verify Customers” type.

That way, you can “link” a Verify Customer record to a User record.

On the user’s profile page, you’d then be able to use expressions like “Current User’s Verification’s Claim Number” in a text element.

Hope this helps!

Gaby at Coaching No Code Apps (formerly Coaching Bubble)

Courses & Products, Tutorials, Private Coaching, and High-level Development

Start Learning Today :mortar_board:

Hi @romanmg

I have added “Verification” to the user and have set the filed to “Verify Customers”

On the profile page I have added a text element to show the claim number but nothing shows up in preview. You can see what I have done in the attached picture. Is there something else I should do to fetch the correct info?

Thanks

Have you updated your user records so that the new Verification field has a value? Creating the field alone won’t automatically tell Bubble which records belong to each other.

You can do this in the back-end for quick testing by editing individual user records, but eventually you’ll want to create a workflow like:

Make a change to User > Verification = Search for Verification (claim number = this user’s claim number) :first item

When I manually put the claim number in the verification field it worked :slight_smile:

What would I put in here (see attached picture) so that when they enter their claim number it will automatically be added to the verification field.

Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

Verification = “Search for Verify Customers (constraint: Claim Number = Input Claim Number’s value) :first item”

I applied that but now it adds a new entry on Verify Customers and doesn’t add a new user

What would be perfect is Verification = Input Claim Number’s value. But I’m not finding that possible.

Hm, the Sign Up action is specifically for creating new user records. And the Verification field would link a a Verify Customer record to that user.

You can certainly set Verification = Input claim number, but you need to re-do the Verification field in that case. Remove the current and add a new one where the field type = text (or number if you need to do math with it)

Having said that, I strongly recommend you leave the field type as a Verify Customer because that way you will have an easier time displaying all the fields from within a Verify Customer Record. With a number value, you just have a plain text or number value with no association to the Verify Customer record.

Feel free to share your editor link if you’re still having trouble with it and I can jump in and take a look.

Is this the right link haha (I’m new)

Basically

• I want a user to sign up

• The data the user signs up with is matched to “Verify Customers” to confirm if they are allowed to sign up or not (Which I have managed to do)

• When they are signed up they can go to their page (Claim Status) and all the info will be there from “verify customers”

So the Claim Number on the sign up page somehow needs to go in to the “verification”

Reason being: When a client submits a claim they might not sign up straight away to view the status, but when they do, they will get up to date info. As I will modify the “Verify Customers” with the latest info regardless of them signing up or not.

If that makes sense?

Thank you :slight_smile:

You’ve got the right link, just change the privacy settings to “Everyone can edit” for a moment. Settings > General > Application Rights. That way I can open it up and modify.

Ah, Done :slight_smile:

Ok, I got it all hooked up for you. I cleaned up your sign up condition, but it essentially does the same check:

Only sign up a user when “Search for Verify Customers (email = input email, claim # = input claim #) :count > 0” (meaning, a record exists)

The expression you had for the Verification field for the User (in sign up action) was correct.

I added a User field to Verify Customer so that you can have a reference in the other direction too. Meaning, which User does this Verify Customer record belong to. It can remain empty when you manually create Verify Customer records, but upon signup, the workflow updates this field.

Next, I updated the claim page. There is a property where you can set a type of data content to the entire page (page level property editor). By doing this, you can “pass data” to the page. I set the type to “Verify Customer”

Notice in your sign up page that I added a separate workflow event to handle the redirection once a user is logged in. This will happen any time it detects a logged in user (even after signup). It’ll go to the claim page and pass the current user’s Verify Customer record to that page.

On the claim page, the texts reference “Current Page’s Verify Customer’s [field]”

I ran it on your user #3 and it all looks good on my end. Check it out :smile:

Gaby at Coaching No Code Apps (formerly Coaching Bubble)

Courses & Products, Tutorials, Private Coaching, and High-level Development

Start Learning Today :mortar_board:

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

I might need to get some coaching off you soon!

1 Like

I’ll be here! Keep up the learning!