How would I work with vertical scroll on popups

Hey,

I’m trying to build a high fidelity prototype of our app to demonstrate some new features we are planning to build. One of the actions we have in our live app is a popup modal that has a vertical scroll to display information about a specific order. See example below:

So far I’ve go this.

But I’m limited by the number of elements I can squeeze in on the design view.

Has anyone got some suggestions on how I can squeeze in more repeating groups to try and replicate the live app?

Thanks

@marc1 - it’s kind of hard to tell w/out looking at the actual design but seems like you may want to play around with the spacing in your RG as it seems some of the content is being cut-off.

Hey @nikolai thanks for your comment. I attempted to squish the RG so that I could try and fit more elements in the design view. However, it doesn’t seem like I still have enough room to play with using the popup element.

Ideally what I want to try and achieve is a design that is has a lot of content

Then when it is in preview mode add a vertical scroll like this

hi @marc1 - I think I understand what you’re saying now. In Development environment, since you have so much content you want to add in the popup, you can’t see it all (until you go and Preview it). As such you’re making the RG’s and anything else as small as possible so you can continue adding content in the popup. But even with “compressing” RG’s, etc, you’re still running out of room.

If that’s the case and I’m understanding your issue, I assume you’ve already lengthened the popup window in Development to add more content?

Hey @nikolai i went ahead and just stretched the pop-up so it was larger. It’s not the ideal solution as it is still limited by the size of the development screen :slight_smile: But so far it’s worked

Is the vertical scroll inside of the popup a vertical scroll for the repeating group or is that using code to add a vertical scroll to the popup element itself?

I was try to add a scroll to the popup itself

This might work @marc1 Horiztonal scrolling

Scarehunt.com managed to achieve something similar, the only difference is that you’ll need to reference a popup and if you only want it to be for a specific page, add the CSS code directly in the page header.

Did you have any luck? I’m also trying to scroll within a popup

1 Like