How you you manipulate a Date Range's :end date?

Hey all

I’m stuck at a problem with Date Range that confuses me. When you edit a date ranger, you can edit the :start part as much as you want, but Bubble doesn’t allow manipulating the :end of the range.

Take a look at the example below. You can add 7 days to the first date in the range just fine, but if you try to manipulate the :end part, the dropdown shows the following:

Is this a bug, or can’t ranges be manipulated in this way?

1 Like

Does anyone know? Surely it must be possible to manipulate the end date too?

I’m hoping to do this in an API workflow, so I can’t use States, and want to avoid temporarily storing things in the DB, as these actions will be performed on lists, and that will put a lot of strain on the server.

1 Like

The trick i use is to change year to 1970, month to 1, date to 1, hour, minute and seconds to 0 then add seconds of a unix stamp.

1 Like

Thanks for the input. How do you change that though, when you’re not able to add changes to the :end of the range?

what is promotions day 1’s type? is it date or a number?

It’s a date range. What you are doing in the last example there, I can’t seem to get that to work.

Could you share it in the public app, so I can have a look?

Thanks Jarrad!

how are you using the range? rather than a date range I had date type, outputs the end date of that range.

I’m using the date ranger to see if the current time is within an appointment’s from-to time, and show it if it is. And to move the appointment X number of days into the future, I need to be able to edit both the :start of the range, and the :end. But bubble only allows for the :start to be manipulated, as far as I can tell.

rather that 1 range group could you save and reference 2 date things? that way you could.

You are right, it doesn’t seem to work that way.

A bit of a hack … (but it works)… create the range, with the “end” date unmodified. Then makes changes to the thing, and switch the placing of the start and end, so you update the end date first… and leave the start at the end, untouched.

And raise a bug :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That would do the trick, even if it’s a bit of a hack, yeah :slight_smile: I didn’t think of that, thanks Nigel.

I’ve reported it as a bug, so we’ll see what they say.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.