I don't understand how page height and scrolling work

So I have made some great progress on my app, but now I am feeling like I have maybe designed against some basic Bubble methodology when it comes to page height. I have approached my app having a user dashboard with multiple functionalities each in it’s own group. The groups are stacked on one another, and they hide/show on nav clicks.

At first I thought my only problem was the sidebar height, and I was looking into tricks for that, but now I realize that either I set my page height to match my largest group and there is empty scrollable space sometimes, or I set it lower and then I can’t scroll to the bottom of my largest group.

My expectation is that the page height would adjust to viewable content. But this does not seem to be how it works. Like the rest of my experience with Bubble so far, I assume that once I am aware of how Bubble is “thinking” I can adjust accordingly, but as of right now, I’m pretty confused. I’ve read a lot of forum posts and so forth, but am still not getting it.

I have all my groups set to collapse. I have tried stacking vertically them and I have tried them on top of each other. I have an overlay for an onboarding that may be part of the problem.

Here is my app if that helps: https://my.worshipunderground.com/version-test/admin_dash?debug_mode=true

I would love to hear any insight you smart people may have!

Ian

Hi subtlemonsters

1). Set all the groups to have the same height i.e The height of the largest group
2). Create a group that fits the remaining height for the other groups that their contents don’t fill the height
3). Hide this group(step 2 group) by unchecking ‘visible on page load’ and check 'collapse height when not visible
4). Check ‘collapse height when not visible’ for all the major groups(stacked groups)

That should work perfectly. In case of an issue contact me kochkiprop@gmail.com for a detailed overview or request demo with images here.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve seen this described before, but I misunderstood it to mean adding a second group under the first, but now I think what you’re saying is add a second group inside the group to fill the empty space. I’ll give that a try.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.