Idea: Enable Search for Custom States

I find it difficult to trace logic that use custom states because there’s no way for me to search for all of the workflows that impact a particular custom state. This is particularly true on reusable elements where workflows can impact custom states from each page they’re on as well as from the reusable element itself.

3 Likes

Bumping this. I continue to run into challenges with this and I’m sure I’m not alone.

2 Likes

I think the best method is to use the element inspector to view every action that uses the custom state. You can click on them there and it’ll take you to the action in the workflow tab:

1 Like

@sridharan.s I agree with the general concept. My catalyst for a feature suggestion below.

The new inspector feature @romanmg mentioned makes a huge difference. (Especially in editing a custom state). Major props to the @bubble team for this.

What I envision is something that looks like the top part of the Element Inspector as a repeating group list of all custom states on the current page, with a link to the Parent thing included. (Clicking said link would open up the Element inspector for the parent thing).

To access the list, there would be an icon right next to the page elements search box.