Instragram's API

Hi all,

Need some help here.
I’ve tried using to use the API Connector for Instagram.
Here are my settings:

Below is the error that I have faced:

I’ve been registered as a sandbox dev. In fact, these are the exact same settings as that of Airdev. Their’s doesn’t seem to be working as well.

Aside to @Gaurav, would you happen to know is there’s a change on Instagram end that’s causing this as well?

Thank you, all!

To my recollection Instagram oauth never worked properly… but we found a way to not use a key at all and get public content… did you check the widgets site ?

This may be a stupid suggestion but have you tried putting the App ID and App secrete copied into the Dev. fields. I am assuming your website has not been published so it might not be using the release App ID and secret. Never hurts to try :slight_smile:

@robin1
I think you’re trying the Instagram Oauth api … try the Instagram No Auth (new) api in the instagram widget editor

Hey @gaurav, thanks for noticing that. Yes, I looked into the noAuth version and it works well - really appreciate that.
It’s just that we’re still unable to get the user following/follower/# of posts numbers from this method (which, of course, those parameters isn’t in that JSON data).

Think the only way would still require an access token. @emmanuel, i know you’ve mentioned in another conversation that access tokens are not shown for security reasons. Would it be possible to look into any of these two options:

a) adding access token as a parameter that can used as part of the dynamic data (so as to attach it on URLs), but actual string not shown to us?

b) adding ‘count’ info to current list of options available after users sign in with the Instagram plugin

Current options:

Look forward to hearing from you. Thank you

1 Like

Nice widget @gaurav! Is there a of way getting non public media for a user that logged in using their Instagram account to your app?

1 Like

Hey @philledille, @gaurav’s method is a great hack based on publicly accessible method, but I’m afraid it’s not possible for non-public media as you will need OAuth access to Instagram for that.

As far as far as I know, Bubble’s API Connector can’t work with Instagram’s OAuth at the moment.

1 Like

Thnx @robin1. Now don’t have to put endless hours in vain.

1 Like

By including a dev ID, I can get the call to work, but the Instagram account seems to be tied to a single Bubble user. Even when I log in with a different Bubble account, once I authenticate with Instagram I am logged back into the first account.

Bubble’s official Instagram plugin properly creates a second user, but it doesn’t return a user’s follower count, which is what I’m after. @emmanuel, is there any way you can add a user’s Instagram followers count?

Hey gaurav,
I will be grateful if you have some video guide how integrate your widget . Unfortunately an instruction is not clear for me.

Hi @andrey_proekt,
We migrated all our widgets to plugins so you don’t have to go through the integration process !
Simply click the ‘add plugins’ button on your app and install the instagram plugin built by us and you should be good to go :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Gaurav

2 Likes

I can’t find the plugin, did you remove it?

Yeah Instagram removed the ability to pull up profile data without logging in recently :frowning:

How can I get now the followers of any user? I have a client id for instagram API

how can I get number of followers of a user authenticated with the instagram API?

1 Like

Has there been any update on being able to get the access token from IG? I really want to ge able to get the users Basic info for media on IG.