Integrating booking system such as simplybook.it

Hi!
I’m looking for a way to integrate a booking system to my bubble app. I’m not a coder (thats why I’m here), but I see that some scheduling websites, for example simplybook.it has an API.
The API documentation is here: https://simplybook.me/api/doc

Is it possible to integrate simplybook.it with full functionality into my app?

To give you a clue what my app is about:

Teachers can register on my website and offer lessons via video. Customers pay for lessons directly on my web site. With an integrated booking system the teacher would be able to set his available dates and times.

So basically when a teacher signs up on my page, his calendar would have to be generated automatically in simplybook.it, and he would have to be able to set his available dates in my app, not go to simplybook.it’s website.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why not just create this yourself in Bubble instead of integrating?

1 Like

Thanks for replying!
I’ve thought about it, but I’m not sure if bubble is able to
recreate the functionality?

For example:
In simplybook, you can set the dates and hours you are available for appointments.
When a customer then selects an available date, all the available timeslots on that specific date pops up.
Customer can then choose whatever timeslot suits him.
You can also choose to book repeating lessons.

From what I’ve understood you’re not able to make iterations and loops in bubble, so I guess it would be hard to create this functionality?

Here’s what I would try:

So Teachers set "Date"s for availability, each Date would have a date (xx/xx/xxxx) field, hour (Hours) field.
The Hour data type would contain an integer field representing the hours of day, available (y/n), who booked it (user).
Display these dates on a repeating group or calendar and then when a user chooses a Date, they can also choose the Hour.

Hope that helps!

3 Likes

Thanks for your advice!
I’m trying this out now. :slight_smile:

Hey @pnodseth, I was curious how this worked out for you?

Hi!
I’ve integrated timekit.io with my app. It’s a very flexible booking solution that has a great API.
Does a few things that we’re unable to do in bubble at the moment.
Let me know if you want to know more about it!

2 Likes

Thanks for posting! Let me go first with a question: What made you end up with timekit.io over simplybook.me?

Basically because simplybook.it doesn’t have a fully functional API. Some things you have to do through their website.
Timekit.io on the other hand is service that targets customers like us - people who have their own apps and need to integrate a scheduling service.

4 Likes

Hi pnodseth,

Are they any issues you came into with running with timekit.io??

I have it working at the moment, just want to know if there are any thing that I can’t control. Like I discovered just now I can’t really delete test users that I signed up to my app.

Kind Regards,
Siv

I haven’t had any issues. I would recommend creating one dev-app and one live-app in timekit.:slight_smile:

okay thanks for that. I am giving it a go now. Looks promising at the moment.

Hi,

Just another question with the API call. Did you use the API connector from bubble? My basic authorization works in POSTMAN, but not with bubble API connector?

Any ides?

Kind Regards,

dilzeem

Actually I figured it out. I was using the wrong API that was slightly in correct.

Great to hear you figured it out!
I’ve made it work really well, and I’m super happy with it so far.

Just let me know if you have any troubles with the API calls, or if you find something cool you’d like to share! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Will do just will spend the weekend on how to figure out structure the query the best way for my application to search for appointment times.

I want to build something like this. Is there any tutorial i can follow in order to achive this?

I ended up using timekit.io
Theres no tutorials for it, but timekits documentation is quite good. :slight_smile:

Hi pnodseth,

I was wondering how you like using timekit.io compared to full calendar? Is it worth paying the extra money for it in the beginning?

Thanks!

Sharing my own personal experience here - if you want to ship something…just go with timekit. If you want to save money and/or build something more custom, you can easily do this yourself in Bubble. I have built my own booking system using full calendar and love it. That said, it was lot of extra work and tweaking, so there is definitely a tradeoff.

2 Likes