Is there a way to center a floating group horizontally?

Hi, is there a way to center a floating group horizontally? Right now, I can choose between left or right and when the page is stretched I would prefer it to stay in the center. Thanks!

I recently asked about this… this needs to get added to bubble pronto… so many layouts are impossible without this feature… they keep adding all the fringe dev features that only 2% of anyone will use and have not done much to add basic missing functions regarding groups and repeating group layouts.

Bubble please add more layout options regard to repeating groups!!! I have a similar complaint about repeating groups not centering, but only being able to do left alignment.

7 Likes

Put it in a group? Right click RG, add to group. You can center that group which is parent of the RG.

1 Like

(Groups are both data and visual organizers.)

1 Like

I resolved it by making floating group see through and full width, then I placed and centered a group element inside the floating group. Thanks, again @keith! You pointed me to the right direction on solving this issue.

10 Likes

Yeah, that’d work too! Good job! :+1:

1 Like

Cheers. Really helped me out 2 years down the line. Made the floating group full screen width and non fixed width and then centered a group inside it which is fixed width and it keeps centered. Before that it wouldn’t center and super annoying… Tks!

2 Likes

This works but anything behind the invisible floating group will be unclickable

1 Like

This same issue came up recently again here.

@projectmuse.dev

You can use the CSS pointer-events property to fix this… i.e. pointer-events: none; on the floating group itself

If you have any ‘clickable’ elements inside the floating group, then you’ll need to use pointer-events: auto; on those elements to make them clickable.

1 Like