Issues with URL Router for Navigation

Hey guys,

I’m using the URL Router for Navigation plugin on separate groups which is working well, but if I refresh the page it gives an error. Is there a proper workflow to get back to the index page?

The gif below shows the index page, a user clicking on the messages button and then refreshing the page.

hello, @joshua.luna0

Please check the demo setup page on how plugin is set and works: https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=router_for_navigation&id=zeroqode-demo-17&tab=tabs-1
Try reproduce the example in your app.

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

hey,

I’ve checked the backoffice, but still not understand how to display the correct group when the page reloads or when the page changes and go back… I have the error : Not found.

Try to go there and you will see https://webinti.com/version-test/user/basic

I’ve made a video to make it clearer maybe

Thank you

Hi @agence.webinti,
Thanks for reaching out!

For us to better understand your use case, could you please share as many details as possible, including your setup screenshots and a step-by-step explanation of how to reproduce the issue you have faced and the expected result? This information will allow us to investigate your case and help you resolve it. :pray:t2:

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello,

First, I’d like to thank you for your reply.
I’ll try to explain as much as I can the steps I did and the result I would like.

1. I’ve installed your plugin and placed it in my Profile page

2. In Option sets, I’ve created the URLs I’d like to display

3. On my profile page I’ve created a custom state “nav” with a format of Option Set APP URLS.
    Capture d’écran 2022-09-09 à 17.38.56

4. On this page, I have a sidebar menu and when a tab is clicked then I have a workflow to set the state and change the URL.

Here is the sidebar

and the workflows:

1. I display the correct content with a conditional saying When profile’s nav is (option set) user/basic then This element is visible

2. The Url is correctly changed to mywebsite.com is available for purchase - Sedo.com but if a refresh this page or Go forward / backward I’ve got an issue 'cause the content cannot be displayed with this URL.
    Here a video : https://www.loom.com/share/00bfb4a5c97d4cf4a96b56e738ccec52

P.S: I’ve tried also with Get data from page URL, the problem is that the workflow Go To page must be the last action so the “Change Router Url” has to come in step 1 and not working

Thank you

Hello @agence.webinti,
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation and sorry for the late reply due to the weekend :pray:t2:

Let us check what might be the issue, as soon as the investigation is completed, we’ll get back to you.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

No problem for the delay, I hope to hear from you very soon

1 Like

Just to let you know, I’ve tried also like this

1. Start a workflow, when a Group is clicked, “Open an external website” and Destination is Website home URL(get an option > APP URLS) display’s

2. On the Group I say in conditionnal, When Router A’s 2nd Path is (the option I selected in step One) then This Element is visible

But I’m facing the same 404 error issue.

Here a video to show you:

Hi @agence.webinti,
Thank you for your patience. :pray:t2:

First of all, the reason why the URL is changing, but the desired group is not visible is because of the condition that you’re using to relay on the custom state’s value. Here the problem is your custom state’s value changes when you click the group’s name on the sidebar, but not when you click the “back” button. Therefore, we recommend you change your setup and use the plugin’s path.

Besides, we need to point out that our plugin is not recognizing the “back” browser’s button action, that’s why we have a “go back router” action to trigger a button. So, please use it instead to go back to the previous URL router’s step.

As for the 404 error, since our plugin is not changing the actual page/app structure, but just changes the look of the page URL, it is expected that you get the 404 error on the page load, which URL contains an unknown page name. But, there is a workaround that might be useful for you.

So, if we indicate the main page name (in your case it’s profile) to our URL and use this name in the “Change URL Router” actions, especially in the Page is loaded event. The Bubble will be able to understand which page to go on page load as it will be a known page name. For example:

Also, you can take a look at our test page for a better understanding: Zeroqode-demo-17 | Bubble Editor

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Thank you a lot the explanations, I had to modify some of my workflows indeed, but it seems to work now :smiley:

Have a good day and thank you for you great work
Tim

1 Like

Hi @agence.webinti,
We’re glad it helped. :pray:t2:

If you like our plugin you can rate it by going to the Plugins tab in the Bubble editor by sharing your experience with the rest of the Bubble community. You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves :slightly_smiling_face:

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Have a great day!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like