Limit Cell Height in Repeating Group?

I have a conditional in a text cell within my repeating group which truncates the text after certain amount of characters, so the below (circled in red) does not happen. It works, so long as the person who enters the data does not press enter (as in begin another paragraph) - when they do, I get the same result as if there were no truncating conditional.

Is there a way to limit cell height in a repeating group or any other work around for this???

Perhaps you could make use of the “Cut Off Content” setting. (See link below)

What’s happening is that you’ve drawn the text in a “box” that is optimized for one line. However, the default state (not cutting off content) allows for more of the actual data to be shown than can fit within one row. (You can think of truncating as a character count operation whereas Cut Off Content is restricting the bounds of the element itself).

Ie. in the editor you drew a line that can contain 50 characters. But the field in the database it refers to is 125 characters. Even if you truncate to 75 characters, the content will run onto three lines. Since your element sizing can only reasonably accommodate 2 lines without stretching the box, your three lines worth of text “forces” the box to become longer to accommodate.

1 Like

So simple! That did the job…thank you @dan1

Of course, happy to help!

1 Like