List of images in repeating group works only with one image

Hey guys,

I’m pretty sure there is a stupid mistake I made but it really drives me insane. I’m building an app for booking appointments. During the booking process the customer has to upload 1-4 images with the multi-uploader plugin. Therefor I have a “list of bookings”, with a list of images inside.

You can see the data here

Now, if I’m trying to show the images in the feed of the user (every user has his own feed with a repeating group of the bookings of his customers), it always just shows an image if it’s one image. If there a multiple images uploaded it doesn’t show anything.

I thought maybe this is a problem with a repeating group inside a repeating group but it’s the same problem if I use a slider element (which would be even better for my app).

I hope someone can give me a hint. What I was trying to achieve is an Instagram-like feed with posts with multiple images where you can swipe up and down through the posts and left and right through the images if there a more than one per post. Just ignore this part if it’s too confusing. :sweat_smile:

Thanks in advance!
Juri

Can you make you app public and give link to editor?

I think you remove the repeting group right?

Yeah, right now it’s a slider but I can add the repeating group too. It’s the same problem. :sweat_smile:

I added both now - a slider and a repeating group. If one of them works it’s fine. :slight_smile:

Did you try to remove the 'url part and just set the file field? I cannot check the version-test to debug, but I think that this may be the issue. I didn’t see you forget any of the parent group setting and everything seem to be correctly set.

@Jici this one?

yes or RG

I see the error message you got and I was thinking this might cause issue because you are not using an image field.
Did you check which data you get for this element when you are un debug mode?

I’m not sure if this is what you asked for but this is what i can see in debug mode for the slider and RG

Can you show the second cell of the repeating group Bookings? and this REpeating group list of Booking?

@Jici inside the repeating group there is no second cell, just the first one. You can see it here:#

It,s a little bit hard to see the issue. The repeating group File seem to show three link now. So this should be ok. Can you bring it to top?

I think that the image main is over everything else

I’ve deleted the main picture, but the slider and the RG seam still broken

Found your issue
Everything is set correctly, but how did you save your list of file? Because actually, it’s not three files but only one. This is why you have issue with this specific list. You need to fix how you save to file field list

@Jici Oh man you a right! I just added some pictures directly in the data base and everything works fine. I still have to figure out how to add the list of files correctly but this was the hint I needed. Thank you so much for your help!!

1 Like

I am having this same problem. I am trying to use the multifile uploader and it seems to upload them in the database (maybe as only 1 file however) but when I try to display them in a RG nothing shows up. how should I set up the uploader to upload each image seperately?

2 Likes

I’m still trying to figure this out. If I add multiple images manually everything works fine :sweat:

Same, I can do it one image at a time but Im creating for a client and they need to upload 5-10 images at once. Anybody know how to do this?