List of items being saved to a field

Hi,

I am trying to save a list of names and attributes within a single field in the database. The thing being a company and the field being shareholders (of which there are multiple of).

I am trying to get the user to input a list of names and ownership fields in a repeating group.

In my data, I have a ‘Thing’ called startups with a field of ‘shareholders’ (which is a multiple list input).

In my workflow, I am trying to set up so when the user fills in inputs all the values in the repeated group, these will be saved in one field. Do I need to make a new type of ‘thing’ (being shareholders) and build a table from that?

I think my logic may be wrong, and there may be a better way in doing this - any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

1 Like

I’m interested in ideas too. I can think of a way to build the repeating group form, but not a way to get the data back out of it.

I haven’t tried this yet, but you might be able to use the ListOfNumbers plugin with the number of items in the list set to a custom state that’s 1 by default. Then have a “+” button like “add another person” which, when clicked, adds one to the custom state, which causes the list of numbers to get 1 longer. Then set a repeating group’s list to the ListOfNumbers element’s list.

When you click the + it should add another cell to the repeating group where you can type in another person.

But getting the data out of the arbitrary list of cells is something I’m not sure how to do.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.