More fun with APIs, grabbing info that it doesn't automatically grab

I seem to have gotten and API read to work in that I can initialize it and it retrieves a bunch of fields. However it doesn’t separate out everything I need. For example:

Below you can see the fields it has made available, balance info, and some “deltas” However if you look at the raw data, there are more “deltas”, more “txids”, different “heights” and different amounts of “satoshis”. But the Api call only gives me the “top” one.

How do I get the others?

This looks correct to me, you will have a list of delta’s, which could be one or many delta’s each with its own height, address, index, etc.

ah, but how do I access the list? For example, if I just want to display a table of height address and satoshis

You would use a repeating group, which allows you to display the same selected elements for each item in the list.

ok I figured that… I’m having trouble trying to understand how I set it up to display this data. I think I’m not being clear on how basic or newbie a thing I am asking. I know how to set up a repeating group. I dont know how to put the results of an API call into it. I dont even know how to make the API call from within my normal workflow

Let’s see if I get what you are doing. You have initialized an api endpoint, so I’m assuming something external is going to be posting to that. When that happens, I imagine you would store the data in the database. Then on the page where you want to display it, you would just reference the database.

If that’s not the use case, then let us know what you are trying to achieve, with as much detail as possible.

that sounds about right. and the end result Iam trying to do is a list of height, taxied, satoshis, for now

Well, you’ve got it. If your call is configured as “Data” those values will be accessible in expression fields under “get data from an api”.

If your call is configured as an “Action” you’ll have a workflow action for this call. The data returned by the API call is then available in downstream workflow steps (as “Results of Step X”).

ok… I have almost got it…

This is how I am set up. This pulls in the data I am interested in. However, the value in the key-value pair, needs to change based on the user. When do I go get the new data, and how do I change the address?

hmm. maybe I will make it an action, then pull in all the data and assign it to my things. Then just display normally. This way I’m not constantly pinging the API

Well, when you “Get data from an external API…”, you’ll be able to change that value in the dialog that appears as you set it up.

Just go try that and you’ll see.