N._type is not a function

Critical workflows in the live version of my app no longer work and just return the Temporary problem error. I haven’t pushed an update to my app recently so I have no idea what broke and why. Upon looking at my browser’s console logs, I see a lot of of n._type is not a function logs. Anyone else experiencing issues?

It looks some other bubble built sites are also affected. I just tried out the booking form at https://grupz.com/vacation-rental-booking and got the temporary error message. Looking at the console, I also saw “Uncaught TypeError: n._type is not a function”

Mine seems fine.
@keith, noticing anything unusual? I hit an error on the demo calendar on your homepage as well

Please file a bug report for this and we’ll have a look.

Thanks for the response! I filed one a couple hours ago (bug report #5772, for reference)

Hmm. I’ve been busy working on my plugin replacement for the Bubble-RG-based calendars and didn’t see this, but sounds like typical temporary Bubble bug nonsense.

Maybe something broke all plugins? (Or toolbox?) seems to be working OK now. But I’m looking on mobile (iPhone) and can’t see console.

I do get “temporary error” message when playing with the calendar, and things seem slow AF. Seems whenever page is loaded and date is first clicked the error is thrown.

I’ve not changed anything in days so there’s some Bubble backend issue going on. Not getting out of bed to track this down ATM, but there’s def some Bubble nonsense going on.

When first clicking date on Grupz calendar, Bubble throws:

@Bubble, something broken on your side. Probably affecting Toolbox or something. Oddly, I did not run into this in test project for Calendar Grid plug-in. (But that doesn’t leverage any plugins but my own.)

Thanks for looking out, @gf_wolfer and @jjj230!

Hopefully this gets fixed before my awfully astute paying customers start complaining.

Still broken. You’ll encounter the error if you try to select a date.

Yeah I see that. Not anything I did. But srsly, I just fucking crawled in bed and I’m not getting up to investigate what Bubble broke this time.

@Bubble: “I do and I do and I do for you kids… and this is the thanks I get?”

@emmanuel, something must be jacked somewhere. This is reminiscent of other plugin-breaking issues seen in the past. (Only non-vanilla I use is Toolbox in that particular page.)

Welp… I couldn’t resist of course and got out of bed to check this out:

Indeed, clicking a date on the embedded widget in GRUPZ: Vacation Rental Booking Widget for Any Website | Sync to Any iCalendar | Take Direct Inquiries from Anywhere barfs up a big old stacktrace.

I’m getting this:

Just guessing, but some update broke Toolbox, perhaps?

P.S., I sleep in the nude. Imagine it. You’re welcome.

1 Like

Having the same issue here with RG and date pickers, the current cell in the RG doesn’t recognize change in dates of the date pickers and therefore conditional content does not get displayed.

n._type is not a function appears on the debugger when changin dates.

Same issue on Get data from external API but working when scheduling workflow

@emmanuel I am also receiving this error with respect to a button (a mighty important button, btw)

When I use the button, it works fine, but when other users try the button, they receive the “temporary bug” browser popup and the workflow crashes.

Element previously worked fine. No edits have been made to this element between the time it worked to the time it didn’t.

We just got messages from clients complaining about issues with date pickers. The console shows the same as posted by @keith

This one in particualr uses the Toolbox plugin.

Seems like this is a severe bug

Thanks for the bug reports – we are investigating.

@DavidS I thought I should add some observations I made this week while working on a plugin.

Previously if a thing had a field which was a thing, accessing this field in the plugin code will return a string.
But just two or three days ago I realized that now it returns an object. This actually broke a plugin I was working on and I knew it was also going to break some other plugins.

Secondly I also realized two days ago that the “update” function wasn’t called when an element’s field (example app type field) changes value. So even though “mget” was being called when a field values changes, bubble wasn’t calling the “update” function.
And this has affected my calendar plugin which was working perfectly fine last week.
Now when I edit an event on the calendar the new update doesn’t show up unless I refresh the page.
I filled a bug report for this one.

We just pushed a fix, sorry about this (you should refresh the page). The bug was introduced yesterday night when we pushed a fix to something else. We’ve improved our automated tests to avoid a reoccurrence of this in the future.

If you still see it, please submit a bug report (or follow up on the opened ticket).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.