Native app error

My native app recently starting displaying an error “Sorry, your login session has changed/expired… please try again”

I’ve been told that this is extremely likely due to a recent change to iOS 3, it’s a generic issue with iOS 10.3. See https://discussions.apple.com/thread/79076752.

Has anyone else had this issue with their iOS applications? If so, have you been able to find a fix?

Thanks in advance…

What platform are you using? (phonegap, gonative, etc.)

Hey @supernaturally , I’m using Phonegap. Here’s the app download link -
https://appsto.re/us/rsyffb.i

Your link didnt work and I could not find any information on this.

Did you try to remote debug and look at your cookies stored if they persisted? Use the Safari remote debugging or Weinre.

Yes I reported this in the official Bug Report Form.

You could remove your login group and then it should disappear. However, if you have lots of other functionality that relies on a User being logged in like I do then that is pointless. The release of my app to live is blocked by this bug.

I test apps for a living and there’s no way I would release a native app without testing it on a real device first. Luckily at work I have a wide range of devices to test on and have 9.2.5 iOS but only on an iPhone 4S.

I tried to revert to 9.2.5 by downloading an .ipsw file but looks like Apple only let you revert back during a set time period which has now expired.

For mobile Safari you can download XCode/Simulator which will allow you to test the mobile site across multiple devices/iOS but this doesn’t work for the native app.

See Emmanual’s answer here: Bubble Account iOS App: iPhone 5S bug reported

Updated link. Did test and works fine on web browser.

Hey guys, I`m suggesting a fix for Emmanuel &co :slight_smile:

The trick would be to use the following plugin to set the cookievalue from the plugin and fetch/use it for all subsequent calls. If you wanna hack it out make sure you intercept ajax calls using a replacement function for the original ajax calls the inserts the value on each new request.

hey @gurun any news on your suggestion to the Bubble team for fixing this problem?

hey @gpdmop have you come across a fix to this issue? I have the same issue with my app.

@Rogelio did not man, sticking to web based apps from now on.

what about trying gonative rather than phonegap?

@emmanuel can you confirm if this is resolved on your side or in subsequent releases of iOS.

(amended 3rd party approach from django to bubble)
The fix for iOS that bubble has to implement on backend + app would be:
Bubble needs to generate a csrftoken (or equivalent auth token) and send the data to web-app via JsonResponse;

Use cookieMaster’s setCookieValue to set the csrftoken to the domain cookie.

The csrftoken can then be retrieved to send to bubble in subsequent calls.

btw, researching more this should have been fixed in iOS 11, but it seems to me that it may still be a large user base on iOS 10 for a long time. So to find a workaround for iOS10 should still be a priority!
There are new clues for how to fix iOS10 in the best possible way here: ios - Can I set the cookies to be used by a WKWebView? - Stack Overflow

In iOS 11, you can manage cookie now :), see this session: WWDC17 - Videos - Apple Developer