Native app for Android

Can a Bubble-created app already run on iOS and Android?

Not in Android at the moment, sadly.

Could make a wrapper app though for the online site that uses a web browser view

Could make such a wrapper with Xamarin or Angular/Ionic etc. or via just a manifest file (app/site description) with ManifoldJS (http://www.manifoldjs.com/)

Have heard of the Bubble app too (not sure for which platforms its is), but not sure what it does exactly and if it targets end-users or just devs/testers/stakeholders during development/testing

Right now we only support ios in early beta. The Bubble app is for testing, before uploading an ipa file to iTunes Connect.

Android will come when we’ll be out of beta. No hard deadline on this unfortunately, it’s new tech so a bit of unknown.

Thanks for the response Emmanuel. Is there a timeline for when Bubble will be out of beta?

Unfortunately no clear deadline (as I said in my previous answer it’s new technology, so it’s hard to foresee).

Any updates on this. I really would like to use the free version of bubbles when i can build a native android app.

@markharrell109, Check this out

…just signed up for bubble… giving up as Android is yet not supported.
Back to learning Angular 2 for me.

Giving up because Android isn’t supported, yet.

I’ve definitely seen bubble apps on native android that work very well. Did you check out the guy who built the simple grocery app?

It’s strange nobody is replying here, if bubble actually supports android - including the support team. It’s almost like nobody cares lol.
@supernaturally, can you pass me more info about the simple grocery app please?
Thanks.

All the mobile stuff is in early beta, and not officially supported yet. There are ways of doing it, but it’s not officially labeled as ready for general use.

Here ya’ go:

Any word on when this will be available on Android? Thanks!