Native MOBILE app - like cheap or FREE 📱 with FREE & Unlimited PUSH notifications! 📬

Yes I have but it’s not on the market yet as my (bubble) app is not finished.
I’ve tested everything and it works perfectly.
Yes you can use ads and then use an in-app purchase of whatever value you desire to remove the ads.
Best would be to learn about bubble’s responsive engine (when you tap on responsive
You can check on mobile how it will look (portrait and landscape).
Also, there’s the option to force a mode (portrait or landscape) in xcode.
So based on the responsive rules you will get it okay on mobile and tablet.
You can give me the xcode files and I can build the app for you, don’t worry about mac.

Good luck!

Hi thanks
I might try android first still so I can save on cost (maybe) and test thoroughly although I don’t have devices I beleive with Android it is easy to test using simply a computer and emulate different versions. (is this still true ?)

So the push notifications are basically to make sure that Apple accepts your app right ? and this notification is like the popup that some apps send whenever you have extra lives or the game wants to remind you to play… would it be ok to have that set up but only send notifications whenever the app is updated ?

It’s my thought on the problem, that apple says you MUST have something different from a simple website.
Yes, you can.
And yes, that is push notification, when an app sends a message/reminder of something. It’s actually the server that sends a message to the user via push notification.

Perfect timing @mvandrei . :grinning:
I’ve been working on the Superview integration.
I’m currently stuck at the point of getting the OneSignal Player ID from the iOS app and into my Bubble database. It looks like this post addresses that problem.

Would you mind clarifying something?

Did you put the entire Pastebin code into your Bubble page or just the function definition? Did you put this code into an HTML element or somewhere else on the Bubble page (for example Settings>SEO>Script in Header or Body)?

I assume you are then using the JavaScript to Bubble toolbox to get the “bubble_fn_1(id)” into Bubble. Is that correct?

Thanks for this detailed explanation.

2 Likes

Thanks for the documentation.

1 Like

Yes, you are correct. Please see codurly’s documentation for that:
https://codurly.com/webnotifications
Basically you need to create the bridge between phone and bubble, get the ID, give it to an element, then get it from that element into the database and assign it to the user :slight_smile:
And yes, you need the entire code from pastebin to paste it in your run this javascript workflow.
It’s a bit more than just click install and done but it will do the job. Once configured you will even forget about it.
@codurly maybe you can share those videos on something else so we can better understand what’s in them :blush: Thanks!

Here are the settings:

L.E. be sure that the javascripttobubble is on the page on which the user will be redirected after login! The user must be logged in in order for the entire system to work (you know…current user’s…)

Maybe this is a good chance to ask bubble (don’t know if they will see it but it’s worth a try) to change the text when we perform some changes on the app. Since we will going to use web views as native apps, the part where it says that we need to click there to refresh the PAGE. Could you please change that to… APP? Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

my pleasure. Hope it helps.

Here’s a proof of push notification working.
It was sent as proof in an contradictory talk with someone that’s why the message is like that :slight_smile: Was just proving that you don’t need to pay more than $2000 for push notifications on bubble. You can even get them for free.

3 Likes

This is great @mvandrei. Great documentation.

Did you incorporate login using facebook? My understanding web view on IOS can not handle login using facebook because facebook actually opened a new window to login and then return back to original page. I think web view doesn’t allow multiple web pages.

1 Like

Thanks @mvandrei,
Those screenshots and the cordurly videos were super helpful.
I successfully added the Player ID from my test device to the Bubble user database! Now I’m just waiting for the premium version of the OneSignal plugin to show up in my account, so that I can replace the majority of our Twilio SMS’s with push notifications.

Next step is to figure out how to remove all the unnecessary frameworks from Superview to improve load times.

1 Like

you can use the plugin from bubble. It works just fine.
Let me know if you have issues on this regards.
You are just loading the website… with this webview. If you want to login via FB through the app (webview) itself, then you have to send that data to the bubble app… it’s more complicated and I don’t see why you would do that.

Woohoo! Congrats!
Glad to hear that.
Yeah, this is the right thing to do, why pay SMS when you have free and unlimited push notification? :slight_smile: You can replace all of them not only the majority.
As for now, since this is a webnotification plugin (this is what codurly created it for) it won’t increase a badge number on the app’s icon like 1 then 2 then 3, for as many notifications there are. But it will be fixed with the new product they are launching.

BTW, I didn’t managed to to this yet, maybe someone could:
when we receive the push notification is all good, but if you tap on it by mistake, or the text is truncated… wee need to show the notification message as a pop-up inside the webview. We can achieve that via the iOS and Android SDK of OneSignal. Can anyone make that and share? :slight_smile:

Hi,

One more question please, when you design in Bubble do you need to consider not using several pages and using groups that hide and mask ?
Or you can just create as normal website and then this wrapper will work out fine.

you can use groups that hide when empty, if that is what you want.
You can create a website but keep in mind you have to go back, to access the other pages so a menu comes in handy :slight_smile:

The OneSignal plugin doesn’t seem to recognize that I’ve entered an API key already. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I’ve filled out the Authorization headers on the plugin page with Basic XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX as directed in the video.

@codurly
Any Ideas?

Be sure to have a BASIC and a " " space between BASIC and the private key. See in the example.
Hope that fixes it.

Try all capital letters at BASIC

I reverted back to the 0.0.1 - Initial release and it works. However, the same problem exists with 0.1.0 and 1.0.0 release.

1 Like

try to uninstall the plugin refresh the browser itself (clear cache/cookies), restart browser, and reinstall plugin.

Have you tried any other webview wrappers? Wondering how this wrapper compares to other options like the pricier GoNative.

I bet they do the same thing but just charge you a lot of money for it… I should make it donation based and share my btc account LOL.

I’ve done this before for some other projects, not by using SuperView, but intelXDK with cordova. I’d suggest you stay away from intexdk, it was really buggy.