FORUM COMMUNITY IDEAS SHOWCASE LEARNING CENTER

Need help with calculating time between two date/time values

I am in the process of creating a check in/out system for a client. They would like to save the check in and out times for each individual, then calculate their total time worked during that shift. Who would I calculate the time between two date values?

If anyone is willing to help me figure this out I will give you access to the app to get a better idea of what I’m trying to do.

Here’s a list of the operations you can do with a Date. https://bubble.is/reference#Data.Messages.date You’ll want to use minus (-) operator.

Hi Scott, I wonder if you can help:

I have built an appointments system and want to be able to show all appointments in a repeating group, based on a date picked from a date picker. Obviously I want to find all appointments already made on that date, regardless of the time.

I find = operator does not work as it is looking for an exact time (as time is part of the date) and > operator finds every future dated appointments as well as the chosen date!

This is driving me crazy - what expression would you suggest here for this use case?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi @laji
You can try this

Thanks a million - that’s very good and makes sense. Just tried it - works like a charm! A bit of a long winded way to achieve something straightforward, but it has helped achieve what I wanted.