Need Help With Creating Workflow

Hello freelancers!

I have finished my whole application on the front end and back end except for one page where I lack the knowledge to create the workflow. I only need help with one workflow.

Essentially, I am creating a program that divides users into groups. Every user has one of 4 categories. And optimally there will be an equal number of categories in every group.

The size of the groups can change ( but they will be approximately around 2 - 10 users in each group) The number of users that will be divided into groups can change ( but they will be approximately around 5 - 40 users ).

All of the users already exist and already have one of 4 categories. You’ll be creating the workflow for the button that takes the users and divides them into groups, taking into account how many users there are and the group size. And that the groups should strive for an equal number of categories in each group.

Contact me if this sounds like a problem you could solve!

Hi Jakob,

Sounds like something that is right up my alley of expertise.

I would be glad to help you out on this.
You can reach me on andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com

Best Wishes,
Andrew

Hi Jakob,
Greetings!
I checked your requirement and would be glad to assist you.
Please reach me on anna.cis23@gmail.com for formal quotation.
Hoping for prompt response.
Best Regards,
Anna

Hi,

Sounds an interesting problem to solve. Happy to look at this and implement the solution pro-bono. Please share details at anil@techflux.co.

Cheers,

Anil

Let me see if I understand your requirement. You want, when a button is pressed, a process that looks at all your users and assigns each user 1 out of 4 catogories. But additionally you want these assignments to be evenly divided amonst all users.

For example: If you have 101 users and a button is pressed, then the result will be as follows:

25 users belong to category A
25 users belong to category B
25 users belong to category C
26 users belong to category D

Is this a correct interpretation of you problem?

Thanks,
Rick

Independent Developer

I’m sorry, I might have explained a bit vague. Each user has a field value which is a number either 1,2,3,4 (think of it as types of persons). This number is the thing that separates the different users. The users will then be sorted into groups. And every group should strive for equally many users with the field value 1,2,3,4. The value of the users is already assigned when the button is pressed.

every user has a field (number), that field can either be 1, 2, 3 or 4

Group A
5 users of value 1
5 of value 2
5 of value 3
5 of value 4

Group B
5 users of value 1
5 of value 2
5 of value 3
5 of value 4

@mente12

But what if you have 16 users with a value of 1, then in your example would look like this?

Group A
8 users of value 1
5 of value 2
5 of value 3
5 of value 4

Group B
8 users of value 1
5 of value 2
5 of value 3
5 of value 4

Would that be a correct assumption?

Yes, that is correct.

And if there were three groups it would look like this. Depending on the size of the groups ( that should be selected in a drop down) the last group could be divided into 2 groups. One with the same number of users as the other and one with one user of each value.

Group A
5 users of value 1
3 of value 2
3 of value 3
3 of value 4

Group B

5 users of value 1
3 of value 2
3 of value 3
3 of value 4

Group C
6 of value 1
4 of value 2
4 of value 3
4 of value 4

The following has been a good example of the process a developer has to go through to get a customer to define things in a clear manner. There may still be questions, such as what to do once they are in the groups. Do you need the database modified to show which groups they belong to? or do we just need to show them in visual elements such as repeating groups?

There are several ways to go about this. PM me if you are interested in connecting.

Rick
Available for Bubble sessions
Independent Developer