New Course: iOS Mobile App Development!

Hey @natedogg ,

Do any of your courses cover access to the mobile device’s camera (i.e. taking a picture within the app and having access to the picture within the app without requiring the user to manually find the pic within their photo library), or access to contacts? Are accessing these native features possible with Bubble? It seems like the Fake Instagram lesson might cover this, but wanted to confirm.Thanks!

Hey @collin,

The Instagram course definitely covers accessing the device camera. Once they tap on the photo uploader, they’ll have the option to take a pic with their camera instead of choosing from their photos. You may have issues with Android though.

For accessing contacts, that isn’t covered.

Purchased the Android course, Android Studio is now a newer version and therefore the course is not working as expected. Developer choosen not to answer support request. Waste of $19 unfortunately.

Hey @rico, if you’re unable to get any value from the Android lesson, happy to talk about a refund. DM me so I can get your information.

Hi @natedogg - The app does not load (is stuck on the spash screen) when following the instructions on your course. Can you help?

Hey @ramkhi, just sent you a PM!

Hello @natedogg,

I am looking to develop an app for both Adroid and IOS. Through the research that I have gathered, it seems as though I have to use Dropsource, Mobiloud, or another form of subsrciption based service in order to make my app live on the stores. Is there any alternative to this? Definitely interested in your course but I’m just not sure if I want to pay $50-$100 a month just to keep my app up and running.

The alternative is to build the web-wrapper yourself in Java and Swift, or use a framework like Phonegap. Each of these tools is doing the same thing: taking your webpage and making it pretend to be a mobile app. Services like GoNative are one-time fees, and I think Zeroqode does something similar.

It’s definitely possible to make your Bubble app available as a hybrid mobile app without paying a monthly fee, but it’ll take a bit of fiddling on your part, or a one-time fee on the part of someone else.

1 Like

Hey Natedogg,

im just new with bubble, i was in the process of learning xcode with the hopes ill be able to build an app one day,
i feel this will drastically speed up the process.

i have a VERY ambitious project that i am hoping to get up off the ground, and have some questions about what this can and cannot do, do you think i could bounce some ideas off you seeing as you seem to the the guru on these forums.

thanks in advance

Joeh

Hey @joehdleonard,

Feel free to shoot me a DM! Happy to help any way that I can.

Feel free to bounce the questions in the forum so that the rest of the community can benefit from the discussion. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Check out https://codecanyon.net/item/universal-webview-ios-app-push-notification-swift-admob-inapp-purchase/17383449?s_rank=1 available for iOS and Android. It still is some work to get the changes done and the support videos are weird without voice but it does support push notifications and other device dependent features. If you want to go for a super easy and fast solution you can use https://thunkable.com/ which can help you see changes in your app in a live view. It worked well on Android but never got it to deploy to the iOS store. Not sure why.

Have you tried this? Are these dropsource, mobiloud, etc. Good? can you reach the phone’s features like camera, GPS, sms, etc.? and use it in bubble in any workflow?

Seconded @gurun. If it’s as ambitious as you say @joehdleonard, chances are you’re going to run into countless ongoing, technical roadblocks and cliffs during development(as I have in my experience). It’s most likely you’ll find your answers in a considered and expedient way if you post for everyone as well. You might also discover adjacent answers and considerations you weren’t originally expecting as well.

If want for privacy is due to protecting the IP value of the project, I’d encourage you to disregard that natural tendency. Any value of an idea is in the execution, not the inherent value of the idea. (e.g., Dell)

“Don’t worry about people stealing an idea. If it’s original, you will have to ram it down their throats.”

Thanks for your reply,

To be honest, I figure the way that this is going to get handled and the scope of what it is, I think it would take me a long time to be able to get it done via this platform. And to be honest I wouldn’t be any further ahead.

So ive gone and enrolled my self into a local tech collage that is offering a 6 month in-depth course on app development.

At least by going this route I’ll make my self more marketable.

Perhaps i am wrong.

Either way I also managed to get a hold of an White listed app builder that has some of the features that I really wanted in an app. I’m about 1 week away from my first launch on the AppStore, and while I hope this release will start generating income right away (there’s legit 205,000 people awaiting this app release) I’m not holding my breath.

How ever if the ad revenue and in app purchases are substantial enough there’s a likleyhood I’ll quit my job to persue app development on a full time basis.

Maybe than I can contribute to the community.

Hi @natedogg ,

I purchased one of your courses a few weeks ago, but it was about submitting an app to the app stores via an older way, by submitting a zip, which isn’t really the valid way of doing it anymore.

I wanted to request a refund since the material is no longer valid, but I got no receipt of payment and I saw no contact details anywhere.

Can you please respond and do the refund?

Hey @Jeff66, can you send me a DM with your email address?

@natedogg, i tried, but no reply… can you message me please?

Your website has no contact information anywhere that I could see, and I also didn’t get a receipt after making the purchase…

Hey @Jeff66, I’ve been traveling with family so I haven’t been super responsive to messages.

The email address that you gave me is invalid. If you don’t have another one that you typically use, I’ll likely need a screenshot.

I’ll follow up via PM.