[New Feature] Braintree & Paypal Integration

Hello,

We just added a new payment plugin, in addition to Stripe. This will especially useful for our users where Stripe isn’t present yet. The plugin is Braintree (owned by Paypal), and lets you take payments with credit cards, Paypal accounts, Venmo (on mobile). This comes with some pretty cool features from Braintree, such as automatically saving a preferred payment way for a user (if he/she is logged in in your app), etc.

The way it works is that you install the plugin in Bubble, enter your keys (Sandbox first, and then production keys to actually take payments), and then use the ‘Charge user with Braintree’ action. It works quite similarly to Stripe, with a popup that shows up with a form and a paypal button.

At this stage we only have one action to charge a user, but let us know how things go, we can add options/actions as more needs emerge.

Happy selling!!

21 Likes

Very nice! Thanks for listening to our needs.

Will this work for subscriptions (reoccurring payments)?

Not yet, right now we’re covering simple payments.

We just pushed subscriptions actually :slightly_smiling:

8 Likes

You. Are. A+ mazing! Can’t wait to try it! So many business models now unfold!

2 Likes

Thanks for this! Weve been using braintree for years so Im glad we get to integrate it with bubble now!

Can Braintree handle deposits?

Stripe’s register seller process is pretty complicated for users, it even needs your business name and social security number.

Would there be a way to use either Braintree or stripe to deposit money to user’s account but without the hassle of creating a stripe account?
All I’d like to collect from users is an account and routing number.

3 Likes

I’m sure they do, but we haven’t implemented that yet.

1 Like

You guys are killing it. Excellent job Emmanuel.

1 Like

Would we be able to use Braintree’s sub-merchant accounts in the future? Sort of like Stripe Connect?

1 Like

At some point. That’s the kind of things we do on a sponsored basis, especially since the functionality is covered with stripe.

2 Likes

Okay cool. I had a client ask. They want to take advantage of the $50k no fee deal.

@emmanuel Was the VAULT feature implemented also?

Yes at least partially. The payment means should be saved if the user is logged in.

Got it! Thanks again :slight_smile:

@emmanuel Hi, is there a way for Bubble to add the charge currency like what is done for the Stripe plugin?

USD, EUR, CAD, GBP, AUD, CHF, JPY, CNY, AED, BRL, CZK, HKD, SGD, NZD, etc

Thanks.

1 Like

I think the currency is something you control in Braintree’s dashboard, not at the calls level.

Thanks for the clarification and help.

How do we save the users credit card information in the braintree integration?

All I see is charge user and subscribe to a plan but no Vault feature. ?