[New Feature] Breaking change - null search/filter parameters no longer dropped by default

@cheskiefisch Take a repeating group with constraint field1= input1 value. If ‘ignore empty constraints’ is enabled and input1 is empty, RG will show all results. If input1 value is not empty and contains a value not found for the field, RG will not show any results. If ‘ignore empty constraints’ is unchecked, no results are returned in both cases - empty input and no-match for input value.

1 Like

The ‘ignore empty constraints’ option has disappeared completely from my app - everywhere.

Also, search behaviour everywhere suddenly behaves differently app wide.

@marca & @neerja - thoughts?

@scriptschool It only shows on version 5

Thanks for responding.

Until today this ‘ignore empty constraints’ checkbox was available on every search. I’ve been using it for months.

I know this, because for every search I ever set up within the app, I verify that this checkbox is set how I want it (eg checked or unchecked).

I must have looked at and tested over 100 ‘ignore empty constraints’ checkboxes in the past few months. I’ve done it for every single search to ensure it’s working how I want it.

Now it is gone. And the search behaviour is different.

Any idea why that would be?

PS - I get your implication @neerja. I’m not on version 5, therefore I won’t see it. But what I am saying is that regardless of whether I’m on version 5 or not, I’ve been using this for months and now it’s gone.

@scriptschool Enabling that checkbox in previous versions did nothing. That checkbox only worked for version 5 so we made it visible only for version 5 a few months back. If you are seeing a sudden difference in search behavior keeping versions constant, please submit a bug report.

Will do.

Upgraded to v 5, ran script from @marco to ensure legacy behaviour.

Got this error: [Violation] ‘setTimeout’ handler took 13318ms

Is there any risk that some checkboxes might NOT be checked after running this script? Want to ensure that the script didn’t ‘timeout’ , possibly leaving some searches unchecked?

@scriptschool we would go by the behavior you actually see on your app.

1. I think the point of the script is to help us avoid manually checking, no?

2. I have hundreds of searches app-wide. Manually checking is not realistic.

3. Asking you guys since you wrote the script, understand console errors better than I do, and may have seen this type of thing before.

Asking me to ‘manually check the script we gave you to avoid manual checks’ is not very helpful :slight_smile:

Thanks,
P

@scriptschool Totally agree, we don’t recommend hundreds of manual checks. The point here is if a search is confirmed broken in one place in your app, just send us the link and we’ll investigate.

I have the same issue. Have you guys tried to resolve this?

I am facing this issue of not_ready in the Console, Can someone help me with a Solution here?

@marca @eve , trying to use restore_legacy_search_constraint_behavior()to update the checboxes in my app and I’m seeing the same error @sriram is facing. Any ideas on how to get this to work?

I tried leaving the page open for a while as @marca said before maybe the page isn’t fully loaded, and still having the issue.

You may want to do a bug report? As they reply quite fast nowadays.

Guys!! This has been changed, now exist “is empty”!!

1 Like