[New Feature] Opening the Element Plugin builder to everyone

Sounds interesting! Are you referring to github’s versioning with commits, etc? The benefits really depend on the use case. And you can setup a git repository on S3.

Or are you referring to version control of the plugin source? Definitely a good idea, I’m doing that with git myself.

I love that idea of versioning bubble code. Are you using codecommit?

AWS is a rabbit hole. So many possibilities.

We just added that, you can add a parameter attach_to to the uploadContent call.

Note that is has to be a thing for Bubble, saved by the user (note from an API). Basically something a privacy rule can be applied to.

Thank you, I’ll give it a try soon!

I have an element plugin and put text in the documentation for fields, states, events and actions. I’ve published the plugin as Private for now.

Where can I expect to see the documentation be presented to the designer?

We haven’t built that part yet as we want to see what people will write, how long, etc.

1 Like

Awesome!

Hi @emmanuel,

I’m building an image cropping element, which takes an image and allows the end user to crop it before uploading.

One feature I’d like it to be able to do is to load an image from one stored Bubble’s database. I can retrieve the image url from an image field, but I get a CORS error when the plugin tries to read the image data.

XMLHttpRequest cannot load https://s3.amazonaws.com/appforest_uf/f1487851009545x439826681511476600/image.png. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'https://my-test-app.bubbleapps.io' is therefore not allowed access.

Is there some access to the app that you can grant on the server side?

We’d need a bug report to look into this.

1 Like

Hi Scott,

??? Free custom javascript? What’s the catch? Do I have to give you my first born?

Maybe. Can the kid do any tricks?

1 Like

Maybe this ?

Does mowing the lawn in woefully crooked lines count?

@gaurav Great minds think alike. I’ve been working on copy-to-clipboard for a current app. I’ll post here once it’s done.

2 Likes

Are the lines funny?

Only after a few beers Scott… Only after a few beers.

1 Like

If this offer still stands (even paid), I’d really like a CloudConvert plugin :D.

I’m curious… would this new capability allow for the adding of js or css libraries? For instance could we add/load like material design, bootstrap, or even some animation library to control the design of elements?

You can think of the element plugin as a HTML element with added functions for reading properties, exposing values and raising events. Bubble elements remain outside the container.

So for adding js / css, yes easily for any HTML added inside the element. But for altering Bubble elements, you’d have to do similar tricks of walking the DOM to find them, adding classes, and competing with Bubble’s responsive engine.

The answer: if you can do it in a HTML element, then you can do it in the plugin element.

2 Likes

That helps, thanks for the answer.

1 Like

Please can anybody share a simple example how to draw a simple geometry e.g. rectangle? It helps me a lot to understand.

Thanks in advance