[New Feature] SEO tools

Our sitemap generation right does not include pages with unique IDs (but you can generate this file and upload it to Google manually for the time being).

1 Like

Thanks @emmanuel for your reply.

How do you suggest we generate that file? Manually?

Is there a chance an option will be available in the future to save all suburls/pages with unique IDs to the stiemap.xml file automatically?

What I did was

1. Export all the unique ids of my products and then build the urls in excel.
    Note than even if you have put the name of your thing in the url it works with putting the unique id only.

2. Structure the excel the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> {url/unique_id_1} {url/unique_id_2} {url/unique_id_3} ...
  1. Copy paste in a text editor and save with extension .xml

2. Upload in bubble

3. Upload in google search console

Hope this helps

Jules

4 Likes

Thanks for your reply @jules.marcilhacy. Could be a workaround for the time being, but still I wonder if it will be possible to create sitemap records for every (visited) unique ID page in the future @emmanuel? Thanks.

1 Like

So I am trying to set up Google Search console and I’m just wanting to use the automatically generated sitemap. Is it just mydomain.com/sitemap?

@cococubmobileapps
I think it is mydomain.com/sitemap.xml

@emmanuel
The box to customize it seems to disappear when I have Grammarly enabled in Chrome

Great. I work for seo and this custom changes is very important

@emmanuel looks good. Once we expose the sitemap, what is the URL that can be used to submit to webmasters?

1 Like

Im finding this really confusing! surely its not that hard to find the site map file? Iv checked the box expose site map file and clicked the pages I want to be expose but where do I pick up the file?

any ideas anyone?

YourUrl.com/sitemap.xml

1 Like

OMG! I am such a muppet I did not publish my site to live. That’s why I could not find it.

Thanks y’all.

2 Likes

@emmanuel
Grammarly is now disabled by default on bubble.is, so the editor’s text fields work properly now

1 Like

Hello @emmanuel, looks like og:description and og:twitter is broken

1 Like

At the page level, Description comes from this field on the page object:

Go change your individual pages! :wink:

Thanks ! so at the application level does it appear somewhere ? :pensive:

Hello.

I would like to share this article about how Google deals with JavaScript web pages (like Bubble sites):

https://blog.seoprofiler.com/official-google-seo-and-javascript-2019/

Basically, Google does not like JavaScript pages that are not pre-rendered server side.

Unfortunately that’s how Bubble currently works. Bubble only pre-renders the title and description, but the rest of the page is within JavaScript code, and rendered client side.

I am afraid Bubble pages are always going to rank quite low in SEO for Google if things don’t change substantially. Am I wrong?

Regards.

1 Like

Actually, Bubble does send pre-rendered pages to Google. I don’t know if that’s the whole page or some components only that are pre-rendered though. See a comment from @emmanuel in one of the previous posts linked above.

With regard to the ranking, of-course there are number of other factors that might affect it.

Thanks for your answer.

Without knowing exactly what Bubble does from what @emmanuel is saying, what I do know is that one thing is a page, and a different thing is an instance of that page based on a parameter. For example, you might have a social network, and a page called profile. But the content of this profile page varies based on the person displayed in that page.

Since Bubble cannot generate a sitemap with all the different ‘versions’ of that profile page (it only sends one profile page I think) I doubt it pre-renders a version for each specific profile page, but just one profile page.

So I’m not sure the problem is resolved.

Regards.

Yes. Agreed. If you don’t have unique URL’s to that data, Google is going to find it hard and show this in search results. This is indeed the first point in the link that you shared above. And my guess is this would apply to any javascript based site where content comes dynamically.

You need to be able to come up with unique URL’s for your content, but since these don’t get exposed in the sitemap, even if you have unique URL’s, these won’t be discovered easily and will only be found and crawled when you have external/internal links to these pages. Being able to create a sitemap with dynamic links would definitely help improve this.