[New Feature] SSL certificates

Completely agree with the pricing. Any app that has users should have SSL. There should be a plan between personal and professional that allows bubble apps to have SSL without necessarily increasing workflow runs/private apps/or version control,etc… $79/month is a lot to pay if the only feature you need in professional subscription is SSL.

6 Likes

How do I fill out a bug report .?

My ssl won’t set up ; (

I’d also like to throw my support behind an add-on SSL feature. An extra $700 per year to pay for SSL is something I definitely can’t justify. Can we find a middle ground?

5 Likes

I got the same issue and reflexion, but at the end, in 2 or 3 months, your project isn’t enough viable, you can downgraded. But it’s definitively a must have. In my case, I save and continue to save at least $1000 per month of programing guy that love to spend time to arranged things instead of focusing in pure programmation… Real story.

1 Like

@emmanuel

I guess you could deploy live without your own domain and use the bubble default domain, correct?

https://yourApp.bubbleapps.io on the personal plan.

Is this correct?

Yes it is.

Im in the verge of launching my app and in order to start making money (using Stripe), i need to enable ssl. If i upgrade to the professional plan, do i need to pay extra for the ssl or the pro plan includes all costs? @emmanuel

It’s included in the plan.

1 Like

@emmanuel Is there any plan to allow SSL as an add-on instead of only on the Professional Plan? The cost is a bit much, but we’ll be processing sensitive data and SSL is a requirement. In addition, Google is now docking non-HTTPS sites in the search engine, and the latest iterations of Google Chrome call out non-HTTPS sites in the address bar.

Also, is it possible to enable SSL certificates through my registrar if the domain is pointed to Bubble’s nameservers?

3 Likes

+1 for SSL as an add-on feature.
I agree with all the points above.
If we do not use SSL, we loose users and referencing, and equally if we stick with the bubble domain.
Paying an extra 60$/month for SSL only is too much given that we can not setup our own certificates.
An intermediate solution would definitly be welcome !

2 Likes

I’ll add my +1 to this one, too. I’ll probably upgrade to a better plan once I get the monetization going. Before that, though, I still need SSL and probably so do a lot of other users. Please consider offering SSL as an add-on feature or probably creating an “enhanced personal” plan - everything else would be the same except for SSL and a reasonably higher price.
Or, as an alternative - let us get and install our own certificates. Godaddy where my domains are registered offers a single-domain certificate for €51 with €69 renewals - I’d get that one installed immediately if I could.
Spending 12 times that amount a year on an upgraded bubble just for SSL seems a bit unreasonable at the moment.
I’d be willing to shell out an extra 5-10 bucks per domain per month to get them covered by bubble. If it was on offer I’d be all like

4 Likes

I just messaged Emmanuel the same thing and got a similar response. Don’t get me wrong, you’re doing some outstanding work with Bubble, but should definitely work on adding SSL certificates to all of your plans. I even got some messages from early-on subscribers on my mail list who state that my landing page looks a bit suspicious without HTTPS. SSL certificates are standard in 2017 and when your customers are already on a paid plan, it should be fair enough to give them the opportunity to use it.

3 Likes

Will organisations like https://letsencrypt.org/ giving our free certs and Google penalising websites without one, I’m a +1 for giving users the option on the cheaper plan.

4 Likes

Yes, I also believe that Bubble is outstanding so far, and I hope they will listen to their customers on this one :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@emmanuel any further update on this? It would be really helpful to have some more flexible SSL options.

2 Likes

I’m also interested in an update on that topic.

2 Likes

OK, just so it’s clear… there is no way to get SSL (even for development purposes) without the professional plan, right?

@collegefund.me Correct.

If you are willing to have the app accessed through the xyz.bubbleapps.io domain and not your own domain name, then that is already over a SSL