[New Feature] Uploaded File Manager

Serious question - how do I “upload a file in the editor”? I understand .jpg files as image visual elements, but the example has .pdf files listed that are not attached to anything. How did those files get in there?

I understand how users can use the app to get data in and attach it as a data type to a thing through the uploader element, but I’m stumped on how the developer can put unattached files into the data store through the editor. (And I thought I knew Bubble well.)

You can upload a file (image or otherwise) directly from the editor, by dropping the file uploader on a page in the Design tab > upload file in initial content > the file’s dynamic link appears below and the file will also display in the File Manager.

Is there a way to delete multiple files? I have 1000+ that need to go.

4 Likes

Great!

1 Like

Got that very same problem, currently no quick way to do that apparently.

1 Like

Yes I agree, would be very handy to be able to multi select files and delete - in a similar format to the App Data with the checkboxes…

Also I find the search needs the exact filename to find a specific file, example below:
(above shows the filenames)

I search for bathrooms and unless I complete the full string and include the file format it will show no results:
(above empty results)

(above full file name included and result found)

Hopefully the search can be much broader with search terms as using ctrl + f works but not as effective with many files stored away.

Cheers,

2 Likes

@emmanuel Please could you soon look at adding checkboxes for multi-deleting uploaded files…

It really would be appreciated & a true time saver, especially when working with large collections of files.

Cheers,

1 Like

Howdy @luke2, you could build a little admin interface of your own for this (just a quickie RG with a “Do a search for…” parameter filename contains… contents of your own input. (In that way you could also see the image itself, etc. and any/all other metadata you might need?)

Thanks @emmanuel!!! Great new feature.

1 Like

Hey @keith Thanks for the tip - thinking outside the box there.

Would this work with uploaded files through the Editor though or just files attached to a user ID?

Cheers

If you are logged in with all privileges you could find anything. (Set privacy rule on thing(s) you need to search such that you can see them all. U could do this by your account’s unique ID or create an admin type role [a list of users that have all access]…)

Hi @keith
I would be interesting to do the little admin interface as you said.
but on the RG I just can’t select do a search for and then >file

Could you please provide some more detailed explanations on how to do that stuff?

Yeah I’ll be interested to know more too.

Setting up a RG with all the files uploaded through a data type is simple enough.

But accessing the files uploaded through the Bubble’s Editor I don’t think can be reached if I’m correct @keith?
e.g. image

Cheers,

Well, I’m assuming the files are associated with some data type. You are probably correct that you can’t just search for “files” as a field or just “any file that has been uploaded” (as one can in the Bubble data tab).

There’s kind of two types up uploaded files: files you (as admin, programmer, site builder) upload to use in your app and then files that users are doing stuff with as they interact with your app.

Those second types of files SHOULD be associated with some data type of course.

2 Likes

Sure, I follow ya.

Unfortunately I have many files I need to delete in the ‘File Manager’ after doing a re-design will a lot of SVG icons and therefore going through them all one by one (as they were uploaded via the Bubble Editor) is a painful job at the moment, saving for a rainy day.

Out of interest, I assume its possible to stack data types within a repeating group in this exact scenario?

For example on a repeating group the data type could be ‘Image’ but on the ‘Data source’ I imagine we’d express ‘Do a search for’ and then use the ‘Intersect with …’ to keep building on the list right?

Cheers

2 Likes

I have 28,027 files I somehow created when experimenting with a plugin. Ummmm, this is really difficult to delete them one by one. Is there anyway you can please make a check mark so i can delete them either all at once or at least more than one at a time? Please? :slight_smile:

I can’t figure out how i could do this in my app somehow. Doesn’t seem possible to access these files any other way. … Help.

4 Likes

Great, this will help a lot.

1 Like

This seems new, have a small image preview of the files when the uploaded file is a media type:

Just need that multi-delete functionality :wink:

7 Likes

I used the file manager today to delete a specific file ( by time and date ) to see if it would disappear on the App. It’s still displayed on APP even after a refresh and a logout login >>
How can this be ??
II do have 49 copies of this file ( as a result of much testing / trial and error too )
So is the App showing incorrectly a file that doesnt exist.

This is on the DEV side, note.
Now, however I cannot trust the File Manager is this is the case.

But I did get a 404 when clicked on its file.
Nonetheless the fact that bubble repeating group still picks it up from Search Documents is a concern. The file should not be in the list I deleted it from AWS ( at least that’s what you said this does )…The file may be gone, but it’s reference still exits ??