[New Feature] Using Sendgrid for emails

Can anyone tell me how to get sendgrid working for free?

Thanks a lot.

Bests.

Just solved.

Thanks a lot.

So this means that when a user signs up, the only way to add them to a send grid mailing list is to either manually import/export their information, OR use an API call to send the information over?

Yes, we don’t have the calls the add the user to a list. It’s a different concept, you’re talking about marketing campaigns, not transactional emails. But it’d be easy to turn that into a plugin.

1 Like

It I totally understand. The built in transactional emails are pretty simple and easy actually, and I really appreciate that! And you are right, it is related to marketing campaigns. Our goal is to be able to set up an automated system for new users which sends new user ‘tips’ emails once a week.

Emails are my next project so I’ll have a look into getting it set up.

Thanks!

1 Like

best way when you want to do that is to add a mailchimp call . that bubble can do for that type of marketing purposes.
it is the preferred marketing outreach tool .
sendgrid the preferred automated answers tool

1 Like

we did now it works well.

how did you solve? thx.

Hi there,

Just registering yourself in the platform, there is one step that tells you to choose the plan.

Hope that works.

Bests.

thanks. did you find a free level? all i see is $10/month.

It looks like the just changed this!

I signed up last month and got the 12k free account but now that I look it’s just only the essentials $10/month plan available (30 days free). If anyone can find the free signup please do post.

2 Likes

Just noticed this as well, not ideal for people here that want to keep there costs down (50% the cost of bubble just for the email!)
I’m guessing my past accounts will still be free for up to 12k emails, as I do not think I received any notice of change?

Another great option that I use is sendinblue. I’ve used this for transactional emails as well as campaigns (I think they offer 15k for free).

If you split up your email campaigns between Sendgrid, Sendinblue, and others…you can basically get 10k+15+…for free.

1 Like

Yhea - If you were lucky enough to sign up for the free it looks like it works until they decide to sunset that as well. Currently only 30 Day free trial then you have to upgrade. https://sendgrid.com/free/

I was reading mailchimp did something similar to one of their services that was free so it’s a common theme…

I guess if I had no better option I would pay 40k/mo for $10/mo

1 Like

Check out SendinBlue. Looks like they have 9k free emails per month capped with a daily limit of 300 per day. Their API is super easy as well. I’m sure there are other options, but my experience is with them.

2 Likes

Hello

I am using the plugin “Send emails with SendGrid Plugin” but cannot see any fields populated in the email from the Sendgrid template.
I can send email and the template that I created in Sendgrid is showing but no fields populate from the plugin where I filled out all the fields… I tried all sorts of typo:

%Var1%
​-%Var1%-
<%Var1%>
<%Var2%>
“%Var1%”
%subject%

Welcome, %Var1%.
You joined on %Var2%.
“%Var2%”: “Var2”, “%Var2%”

but nothing is good.

Does anyone know the correct way to enter those variables in Sendgrid template?

Thank you

@gil06000 If you search the thread, you’ll see a how-to

I had the same problem, ended up connecting API myself and worked.

Use all caps %VAR1%

Fantastic it works ! :smile:

One thing I noticed, just for info, is that in the HTML code in Sendgrid template if you add some colors or else it doesn’t work.

I am not an expert at all with HTML and use the drag and drop to create template but it did not work for some variables eventhough they were the same so for instance %VAR2%.

It works with:

but not with:

In the first case, the result show for %VAR2% and in the other case it doesn’t show for the same %VAR2%.

Thank you again for your effort and feedback.

2 Likes