Hello all! This is an open invitation for testers for a new PDF plugin I’m finishing.
It dynamically generates a PDF file and offers to download it with the standard browser’s download option (save as / open with).
- The plugin uses no API, so it doesn’t relies on external services nor sends any data out.
- It is completely client-side, so it won’t increase your capacity usage, apart of normal Bubble search.
- You use it by actions in the workflow, triggered by anything you like, for example click of a button.
- It uses everything Bubble offers as data sources (inputs on screen, database, APIs, etc…), and you can use both static and dynamic content (and easily mix them).
- It is flexible, so you can generate invoices, contracts, order requests, portfolios, reports, photo galleries and whatever else you want to.
- You can generate as many pdf files as you want, so if you have 100 users generating 50 PDFs every day that won’t increase your cost, apart of course of normal Bubble usage (example: your user logging in, performing searches etc).
- Multiple PDF models on the same page.
- No known limit on page numbers.
However I can’t make an extensive testing on my own.
More instructions inside the testing phase.
Testers will be granted lifetime access to it even if I don’t release it, so if you want it you can have it.
You will be asked to use it to fill in your own need and then report back on how it went and if possible an example of the PDF generated.
Even if you don’t have an immediate need you still can help by creating some example pdf design and/or testing its limits with fringe scenarios, like a competition on who can create the longest PDF in terms of page number and things alike.
Edit 1: Already rolled out invitations to everyone that has shown interest. Please message me again if I skipped you.
Edit 2: Rolled out testing instructions and access. So FJP is the last one in for this stage. In case we need another testing session, I will update here! In more or less 7 days from now this testing session ends.
Edit 3: Hey everyone, I just published the plugin!
Here’s the link: