šŸ—“ [FREE Plugin] Air Date/Time Picker

@seanhoots ā€œplaceholder optionā€ would give the plugins a different edge what i could test run and realize ā€¦ basic to advance

Please look into itā€¦

+1 for placeholder and +1 for ability to reset :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey guys, This sounds like one of those he gave me this code moments,

1. Grab the PlugBubble Plugin.
  2. Expose & Assign an ID to your Picker.

then,

To add the placeholder, on page load run this block:

var placeholderHere = "YOUR-PLACEHOLDER";
    var pickersId = "PICKER-ID";

var hunt4; 
    hunt4 = $('#'+pickersId).find('input'); 
    var lilSuckersID; 
    lilSuckersID = hunt4.attr('id'); 
    $('#'+lilSuckersID).val(placeholderHere);

To Reset Use the Run Custom Code Block action with this block:

var valueAfterReset = "YOUR-PLACEHOLDER";
var pickersId = "PICKERS-ID";

var findHim; 
findHim = $('#'+pickersId).find('input'); 
var askHim; 
askHim = findHim.attr('id'); 
var resetHim;
resetHim = $('#'+askHim).datepicker().data('datepicker');
resetHim.clear();
$('#'+askHim).val(valueAfterReset);
2 Likes

Does anyone have this time picker working inside a reusable element?

For me, it is working on the main page but not inside reusable elements. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Is it possible to reset value of picker? Iā€™m trying to use the reset group data but doesnā€™t seem to work. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi, is it possible to select more than one Time for a particular date in Multiselector?
Appreciate if someone is able to help with this.

Time selector is too small for users using touch screen. Is there ways to increase itā€™s size?

1 Like

I wanted to disable the picker for certain users, but whenever i add that as conditional state it is disabled forever and i donā€™t know how to enable it again. I thought itā€™d work like the disable/enable functionality of standard inputs. Can you elaborate on that feature?

Hey guys, sorry for not being around for some time. Had to hibernate from online to attend to some personal matters.
Iā€™m back now.
Iā€™ve read all the questions and feature requests and will try to respond to most.
First off based on comments on this thread and messages i received below are the most requested new features.

1. Autobinding
  2. Placeholder
  3. Reset picker
  4. Multiple initial dates (not only date range)

Iā€™ve implemented 2,3,4 and left with only the autobiding.
The issue for me with the autobinding is that iā€™m not sure whether i should implement it for single dates or list of dates.
The plugin-editor requires you to specify whether the field to bind to is a single value or a list. And since the Air Date Time picker allows both i will have to choose one of them.
I might have to here from you guys which one you prefer.
Alternatively iā€™m thinking of breaking the plugin into two separate elements; one for only single dates and the other for multiple dates. This way i can implement the autobinding for both.

1 Like

Plugin page: Air Date/Time Picker

Updates - Version 2.3
(1) Added ability to set placeholder
You can enter a placeholder text to be displayed when not date/time has been selected.
If you do not enter any text, by default placeholder which is the current date/time will be displayed.
In this case the format for the placeholder will be the same format you choose in the property editor

(2) Added ability to set multiple initial dates
Previously you could only set a range of date as initial content.
With this update you can set a list of dates as initial content. The dates donā€™t need to be a range.
multiple dates

(3) Added a reset element action
You can use a reset action for the date/time picker to reset the element to the initial content.

Happy bubbling

1 Like

See latest update

1 Like

Hi @jarrad this will not really work. Here youā€™re setting the picker to a real value with val. But as you know a placeholder is as its name says a place holder not a real value. With this youā€™re assigning the picker to a value. With placeholder the picker is empty. The correct way will have been to set the placeholder attribute of the picker input to some value.

document.getElementById(lilSuckersID).placeholder = placeholderHere

Also the below code as you suggested will break the picker in the sense that is directly setting a value to the pickerā€™s input instead of using the pickers api method for setting a date value.

Which means you wont be able to use the pickerā€™s methods like get value. You will have to get the value with javascript. The preferred way that wont break the picker should be

resetHim.selectDate(valueAfterReset);

Eventhough iā€™ve updated the plugin and users dont need to use these hacks i just wanted to point these out in case someone tries to use your code and wasnā€™t getting the expected results.

Thanks for the hack though while i wasnā€™t been responsive.

Hey @florent.bocquelet see current update for placeholder.
Thanks

Hey @starnapp the picker works in a reusable element. If youā€™ve still not gotten it to work let me know.

Hey @jordan.shotwell, yes i will be adding autobinding once i know whether users prefer it for a single date or multiple dates (i can only do one).

Hey @gf_wolfer, you got your wish. see latest update. Thanks

1 Like

Hey @starnapp the picker works inside a reusable element. If itā€™s still not working for you let me know.
Thanks

Hey @Jici, the latest update has a reset action you can call in your workflows.
Thanks

1 Like

@seanhoots, Good to see your back at it. Sorry but in this case your incorrect, What your saying in the real world would in fact be true, but we live in bubble :slight_smile: the result of running my code:

Notice the value, bubble will in fact still consider this value as its actual value.

however running your code,

does not work, even if I was to amend it to,

var lilSuckersID = "Your-ID";
var placeholderHere = "Your-Placeholder";
document.getElementById(lilSuckersID).placeholder = placeholderHere;

or keeping it inline with your original,

document.getElementById(ā€˜YOUR-IDā€™).placeholder = ā€œYour-Placeholderā€;

Hey @thefiend, unfortunately you canā€™t select multiple times for a single date. But since you can select multiple times one way of achieving this is to have a picker to select a single date and another picker to select multiple times.