šŸ—“ [FREE Plugin] Air Date/Time Picker

Hey @jarrad, good to hear from you too. Iā€™ve seen youā€™ve produced quite a good number of plugins. Good job. Hopefully youā€™re making some money for all your hard work.

Coming back to the code, iā€™m a bit confuse here. You have a placeholder in your picker but the bubble inspector is showing a value of current date. That is not right. When a placeholder is showing it means the field is empty.
And that is why i was pointing to you that the way you were setting the placeholder, you were assigning a real value (by using val) which is not what should be done.
e.g. see the snapshot below where i have a placeholder for bubbleā€™s date picker. As you can see the value is empty.

Also the Air date picker placeholder behaves correctly too as shown below. With your code there will be a value even when you have a placeholder displaying (i.e. the pickerā€™s value is empty)

Hope you get my point. A placeholder is not a value. Itā€™s just an attribute of the element so shouldnā€™t give a value.

Yes i know what your saying, but in order to have a starting date that bubble can read back from and a placeholder this method was what got the job done.

Hey @ben.nes, yes the time selectors are not suitable for small screens and wouldnā€™t recommend you using it on touch/mobile screens. I will rather recommend something like the beautiful Air date/time droppers i developed. It is currently a paid plugin but i had promised some people here that i was going to make it free so watch out for that announcement soon.

Hey @janheinemeyer1, iā€™m not sure i get you entirely. What do you mean by ā€œit is disabled forever and i donā€™t know how to enable it againā€. Explain more and i will be happy to assist you.
Thanks

I had no idea you had already done this!! I will be taking my version out off my store, I really dont want to see a store full of redone plugins.

Oh shoot you did it too :expressionless:. I had it some 6 months ago. I was initially selling it but because i had to go offline for while for some personal issues i couldnā€™t support it so promised anyone who wanted to buy it that i will be making it free.
Sorry about that man. I did both the date and time droppers.
I donā€™t want to disappoint the people i promised i will be releasing it for free.

Go for gold mate, first in best dressed! Iā€™m not really into the time stuff by interest =, its just i came across the time dropper and thought it was cool. did you open the little wiggle animation? that honestly, is what got me i think lolā€¦

wiggle

:smiley: yes i did. it looked funny. I think looking at your plugins i see you have appetite for fancy ui and animation stuff.
I was attracted to the plugins because of the date droppers. they look amazing on mobile and touch screens and though they donā€™t have the numerous features like the Air date/time picker i think in terms of asthetics theyā€™re one of the best. if i have time i may look into cloning the original project and see if i could add more functionalities to the date dropper

Thanks for the swift reply @seanhoots! I attached a screenshot of the conditional state. Once you hit that condition the date picker wonā€™t pop up (correct), but when that condition is not true anymore (in this case status ID <5) the picker wonā€™t pop up either. It seems like once you have disabled it thereā€™s no way back anymore.

Hey @janheinemeyer1, i see what you mean now. I tested it and youā€™re right, itā€™s not behaving as it should.
Itā€™s a bug. Thanks for catching it. I think i may have an idea what the problem is. Will work on it and let you know when i fix it. Shouldnā€™t take long.
Thanks

1 Like

Perfect, thanks a lot @seanhoots!

Hey @janheinemeyer1, i found the bug and iā€™ve fixed it.
But i havenā€™t pushed the update yet. Working on the autobinding so will push it in that update.
So rest assured that itā€™s fixed. See screencast below.
disable bug fix

2 Likes

Plugin page: Air Date/Time picker
New update - Version 2.5
(1) Added auto-binding to parent elementā€™s thing.
You can now auto-bind the date to itā€™s parent elementsā€™ thing.
This is for only single dates and not multi-dates or ranges (bubble require you to specify the type and if it is a list or not so i had to choose one). If there is high demand for auto-biding for list of dates i will see what can be done.
VERY IMPORTANT
If you enable auto-biding make sure to check ā€œUse auto bindingā€. See image below.
If you donā€™t do this some cats and dogs will die. Seriously some cats will die.

(2) Fixed disabled bug.
There was a bug where once you disable the picker youā€™re not able to enable it again.
Itā€™s now fixed. @janheinemeyer1 FYI iā€™ve pushed the update as promised. Thanks for being patient.

2 Likes

Maybe this is silly to mention but I see a lot of use cases for this as a birth date picker. I hope everyone realizes that storing it directly as a date will treat it as a dynamic date affected by time zones. So a birth date can be a day off depending on which timezone a user is looking at it.

Since the picker doesnā€™t do text, you would need to convert the date to unix and store that as a number in your DB. Unless Iā€™m missing something here :slight_smile:

Hi! Thanks for adding the reset input. but I run into an error (sorry we ran into a bug an cannot complete your request).
Than the picker show NaN/NaN/NaN and cannot pick in the calendar anymore
issuereset-2017-12-07-09-40-54-263

Hmm, looks like something from bubbleā€™s end. What was the full error message?

Sorry, we ran into a temporary bug and canā€™t complete your request. Weā€™ll fix it as soon as we can; please try again in a bit!

Do you still get the error. This is definitely a bubble error and not from the plugin.

Okā€¦ just strange that I got this with the reset action (no error if I remove the reset in workflow). thanks

Ok i will take a look.

1 Like