[NEW PLUGIN] Beautiful Date/Time Droppers

New Update Air Date/Time Dropper (Version 1.1.4)

The plugin has been updated to fix two reported bugs. See below.
This is an important update that fixes two critical bugs so please update.

Added
None

Improvements

• Fixed bug where the value of the picker was one month more than the selected date.
  • Works consistently in a group.

Removed
None

1 Like

Hi @seanhoots Just trying out the Time picker - looks great. Is there a way to pass it initial content?

Thanks
Simon

Hi @simon, are you talking about the Time picker or Time Dropper. These are two different plugins and you mentioned the Time picker but the time picker allows setting initial content

Hi @seanhoots thanks for the speedy response I did mean Time Dropper.

But I have decided to use the AirDate/Time picker instead - so it’s all good

Thanks
Simon

Hello!

I am trying to move two Time Dropper elements from the page to a popup and I get an error. They work beautifully on the page but not in the popup (I just copy/pasted).

Any ideas on how to get them working?

Thanks,
Jen

The plugin Air Date/Time Dropper / element Air TimeDropper threw the following error: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘value’ of null at eval (eval at g.create_code (https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_debug_js/29b360eb0197a8d3423d93d41ed60b1bf3c1ded5d0e042e3d1577eb32b6090f8/xfalse/x3:101:11332), <anonymous>:4:284) at https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_debug_js/29b360eb0197a8d3423d93d41ed60b1bf3c1ded5d0e042e3d1577eb32b6090f8/xfalse/x3:102:1567 (please report this to the plugin author)

13:52:46

Element AirTimeDropper C

The plugin Air Date/Time Dropper / element Air TimeDropper threw the following error: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘value’ of null at eval (eval at g.create_code (https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_debug_js/29b360eb0197a8d3423d93d41ed60b1bf3c1ded5d0e042e3d1577eb32b6090f8/xfalse/x3:101:11332), <anonymous>:4:284) at https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_debug_js/29b360eb0197a8d3423d93d41ed60b1bf3c1ded5d0e042e3d1577eb32b6090f8/xfalse/x3:102:1567 (please report this to the plugin author)

Hey @hi1 can you pls DM me the link to your app so I take a look at what’s going on.

New Update Air Date/Time Dropper (Version 1.2.0)

The plugin has been updated to fix a reported bug. See below.

This is an important update that fixes a critical bug so please update.

Added
None

Improvements

• Works consistently in a popup.

Removed
None

Hi @seanhoots

Thanks for this awesome plugin, use it all the time. I need your help on how to clear the following error that I’m seeing in my debugger, while using Chrome:

I’ve tried playing around with a few things, but still keep receiving the error.

Thank you,
Gilles

This message shows you’re using the Air date/time picker not the Air date/time dropper.
These are two different plugins.

In anyway I believe this issue is not from the plugin.
I used this plugin myself in several applications and I know many people using in live applications and have never seen this message.
So it’s likely due to your application logic.
Maybe you’re calling some function of the plugin in a loop.
Create a new page and add the plugin elememt to test if you see thr same message.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. Amazing!! I found the issue with your help. I clicked in the “i” to see what actions, elements were tied up to the specific airdate element. I had a lot of “create new actions”, but none of them had looping workflows. I found a conditional element that had some sort of “if maximum date, then font is red”. That was the issue! Once removed, no more errors.

Thanks for your direction!
Gilles

Hey @seanhoots! With thousands of apps using this your Date Dropper, I’m sure I won’t be the first person to tell you how amazing it is :slight_smile:

If you’re looking for ideas on how to improve it, it would be really awesome if:

• We could set the colors to a hex code instead of a theme
  • The font in the dropper could be changed
  • Clicking the checkmark could start a workflow

Just wanted to mention these from my experience using the plugin. Thanks for all your hard work!

1 Like

Hi @seanhoots,

Love the look of the air/date dropper! Once a person clicks the date, is there a way to start a workflow as @callen.hedglen mentioned above?

Would love to create a new “reminder” for ex. when someone clicks the date.

Thanks!

For some additional context, here’s the message I received back in October from Sean:

Yes the features you mentioned are good are great improvements. All of them were not available in the original library that the plugin is built from that is why there are not there.

So if I have to add any of them i will have to extend the base library. Realistically I could implement the colors and maybe the font in a very short time. But for triggering event when a date is picked i will have to take some time to look at the library code to see where i can hook that event in.

In coming days when i get some time i will do the colors and font. But i can’t promise anything now for the date selected event.

No more communication since then, but I also didn’t follow-up after I responded to this message.

Oh thank you for sharing! Appreciate it.

I decided to use the Air/Date Time Picker so that I could create a workflow. It isn’t as pretty but maybe one day I can switch back if the workflow element is added :slight_smile:

I’m loving these plugins, beatuiful. I can see there’s a lot of work behind it too, thanks for the awesome contribution.

I was using the TimeDropper for one of my forms, but once I discovered that there’s no way to set initial content, it became hard, as I couldn’t use it to edit already existing things. Is there a way to solve it, or any plans to implement it?

2 Likes

Hi @seanhoots !

Thank you very much for this great plugin.

May I have a translation request please? I would like to ask if you could add Swedish translation to the plugin please.

I am providing you with the translation below.

days: ['Söndag', 'MÄndag', 'Tisdag', 'Onsdag', 'Torsdag', 'Fredag', 'Lördag'],
daysShort: ['Sön', 'MÄn', 'Tis', 'Ons', 'Tors', 'Fre', 'Lör'],
daysMin: ['Sö', 'MÄ', 'Ti', 'On', 'To', 'Fr', 'Lö'],
months: ['Januari','Februari','Mars','April','Maj','Juni', 
'Juli','Augusti','September','Oktober','November','December'],
monthsShort: ['Jan', 'Feb', 'Mar', 'Apr', 'Maj', 'Jun', 'Jul', 'Aug', 'Sept', 'Okt', 'Nov', 'Dec'],
today: 'Idag',
clear: 'Radera',
dateFormat: 'yyyy/mm/dd',
timeFormat: 'HH:MM'
firstDay: 2

Thank you!

Hi @seanhoots,

The plugin doesn’t include auto binding. Is it possible to save the date and time directly when it is changed?

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like this has been fixed yet? I’m still seeing it.

Thank you @seanhoots ! This is exactly what I was looking for. One minor issue.

On mobile the Date picker position is locked at the bottom and I’m unable to see the bottom of the picker with the check mark, which is the most important part. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

@seanhoots Also is there any way we can position the popups in general?