šŸ’¾ New plugin - dataTables - Updated: 09/23/2018 -- NEW DESIGN!

I am trying to show/hide different tables in groups, but cannot be successful. My groups are visible/not visible via Conditions, and based off the input of a dropdown.

@pieter Can you go over again, how you got workflows to work with the different reports?

Hi Brad,

The workaround would be to ā€˜Add Tableā€™ workflow to the event (Dropdown). When the group is set to visible, the table will load. The problem with this however is that should the dropdown be selected for the 2nd time it will result in an error being displayed as the table has already been initialised.

ā€˜DataTables warning: table id=mytab64g56b11290c4 - Cannot reinitialise DataTable. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/3 ā€™

@yusaney1, is working on a fix for this and hoping we can get it soon.

Good luck.

Regards,
Pieter

Hi @brad.a.farley & @yusaney1,

We have managed to get a workaround working as follows:

1. Create a popup that covers the entire page with a loading icon.
  2. Set all Groups to Visible.
  3. Add All Tables.
  4. Set all Groups to not visible (except the first group that needs to be visible)
  5. Hide the ā€˜Loading Popupā€™

Worked like a charm for us.

Regards,
Pieter

HI @yusaney1 just purchased and it works great, but once I add in a query to the table work-flow I canā€™t edit the "search for " parameters - it doesnā€™t allow you to select the query. Is this by design?

Cheers!

Hi guys,
It seems that thereā€™s some type of conflict in between your plugin and the slidable menu plugin.

Iā€™m using the same plugins in a different app and it works but your plugin version in that app itā€™s a old one (2.0.3)

Hereā€™s what happens when both plugins are used:

Thanks for your help.

Hello @aapp1971, sorry to hear that we will check it right now.
So the problem is with the version 2.0.3 or it works well in 2.0.3?

Edit: Found the bug, will see if I can add the fix in the actual version or have to push an entire update for that.

Regards.

Hello @pieter, just back to this: If you are using tables in a pop-up donā€™t add the init table workflow in page load.

Create a condition that runs when the pop-up turns visible:
https://puu.sh/BOiG3/2ee88c8ab9.png

Important: Set just once, because we only want to run this workflow one time, after it loads, when the pop-up is open the next times the table is already inited, otherwise will throw an error.

Add Table workflow can only be run 1 time per table.
Refresh Table workflow can be run unlimited times.

If I understand correctly your issue, this should fix it.
Regards.

It works well with 2.0.3

Thanks!

Hi @yusaney1,

Thanks for all your great work on this plugin. Iā€™ve noticed two issues which I donā€™t think have been addressed.

1. Sorting dates goes alphabetically, which is not ideal.
  2. There seems to be a conflict with this plugin and the ability to use bubbleā€™s inspect on elements when a table is on the page.

This plugin has been acquired by Zeroqode - for any support queries please mention @ZeroqodeSupport in your post

Thanks
Levon Terteryan

Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates

Bubble Plugins

No-code Development Services

2 Likes

@ZeroqodeSupport Im using the plugin and all works fine with the exception of the refresh table action. im using exactly the same parameters on page load but its throwing the following error

indent preformatted text by 4 spacesDataTables warning: table id=mytab4c96f69fda52g - Requested unknown parameter '1' for row 0, column 1. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/4`Preformatted text`

is its possible to include a refresh example in your demo app to see if this is a bug

@levon iā€™ve not had a response with the mention of @zerocode could you ask one of your team to take a peak when they have time

Hi Tim, i receive the notifications when you mention @ZeroqodeSupport so itā€™s fine :slight_smile:
we created a ticket for this and will update once we look at it
thanks!

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I buy the dataTables plugin for bubble and I find that the key (in the header of each column) is not being dynamical. for example, to put in the header current date: +year as the name of the column.
so I ask if there is a new update on it or there is another way to do it dynamically.

Hello, @Bubbleboy @yusaney1.

Weā€™ve updated the plugin and here are notes on what it was changed/updated:

1. Added error handling for the Refresh action. Now Refresh action returns an error message as state with instructions, and triggers an event ā€œError Happenedā€, just follow the instructions in the ā€œErrorā€ state message for fix it. There is no more bubble error alert.
  2. Sorting is only alphabetical that causes the table working only with text data, and can sort it only alphabetically.
  3. Fixed! Now bubbleā€™s inspect button is visible when table is on the page.

Please upgrade to the latest version, refresh page and give a try.

@ahmed.marzouki this is not possible with the current algorithm of the plugin. Sorry.

Regards,
ZQ Team.

Hello, why I couldn"t see the real change with datables when I add or delete thing like the repeating group, I did refresh of the page and I tried refresh datatables after adding or deleting something in the workflow but I had an alert with this error https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/3

@ZeroqodeSupport thanks updated and graded new element on new page just for completeness.

The refresh although I can see this in the page debugger running does not refresh the table! I appreciate youā€™ve update the documentation but thereā€™s nothing explicitly stating how the refresh worksā€¦ So Iā€™ve made a logical assumption

refresh

Using version 2.2.0

On refresh it throws this error

_Requested unknown parameter ā€˜1ā€™ for row 0, column 1. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/4_

But have this error is clear the table does update

When using version 2.3.0. there are no errors but the table does not update

It also looks like your demo version is no longer working

Is any chance you could possibly update your demo to include a refresh function.

Iā€™ve tested it in a number of different ways and scenarios it runs but actually doesnā€™t update the table.

Thanks in advance

Hello, everyone.

Weā€™ve updated the demo page with latest version, and setup the page as how it should work.
Hereā€™s the link https://zeroqode-demo-16.bubbleapps.io/datatables ; check and try replicate the workflow idea.
As for Refresh action it is used for another thing, so for example if youā€™ll need to rewrite data in table.

Thanks for patience and understanding.
Regards, ZQ Team.

1 Like

@ZeroqodeSupport what version number is this update? I am only seeing the latest version in the plugin as 2.3.0. that was the one with the refresh issue.
Thanks for updaing the demo with the refresh feature but in 2.3.0 that is not working.

Have you forgotten to push the update? When i copy the element from the demoā€¦it states Datatables plugin is not installedā€¦so thats more than likey a version issue.